1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Help with pumps

Discussion in 'Modding' started by the scunner thommo, 22 Oct 2012.

1. the scunner thommo

the scunner thommo What's a Dremel?

Just had a major floodage and seems that my Aquaero Pro 5 has blown- it will only power up one of my 2 pumps.
    Pumps work if plugged into molex cables but I can't control them- any way I can do so if the AP5 has blown?
    The pumps have a mloex connector and a single pin fan controller
    HELLLP!

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The only way to control them manually is via a sufficiently powerful PWM fan controller that can handle the draw on the pumps. Else you are looking at an Aquaero or similar electronic setup that has temp sensors and fan/pump controls.

3. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

sorry but cant help ya there... mayby try rma'ing it? it wasnt caused by the owner after all. other than that ill leave it to the experts..

4. the scunner thommo

the scunner thommo What's a Dremel?

thanks- I will try using my spare Lamptron Touch to see if it works as it claims to have 30w per channel
    Will I need any special connector for this as the 3 pin out of the pump only has a blue pin (single)

Last edited: 22 Oct 2012
  5. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

^^ this
    use one of Lamptron's high-power fan controller - it manages up to 30w per channel. but it lacks "algorithmic" controls. also there is sunbeamtech rheosmart with ability to control fan/pumps via PWM signal from MB