1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel confirms Computex launch for Haswell

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 29 Apr 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

While this is very interesting and stuff, they will likely only launch way-to-expensive chips in the beginning. My question is: what effect will the launch have on the prices of ivy bridge components?

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Sandy prices bearly dropped after Ivy launch id expected a similar t hing this time around.

That assumes they will be priced the same which is not a guarentee. If they are priced above the existing range then the ivy chips may stay as a lower priced chip you just never know with intel.

Most expensive chip will be the 4770k between £260-£280 ( oem to retail ) is what im expecting 3770k is around £263 at the moment and most are assuming it will be the same price.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Let's see if the replacement for the i5-3570K is among the launch candidates.
    Boards might appear a bit earlier?

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Strange time of year to launch a new product, start of summer...limited availability?

...maybe they need time to ramp production up for the autumn.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Wonder if it's going to have the same temp issue once overclocked like the Ivy Bridge cpu's.

7. Dr Evil

Dr Evil What's a Dremel?

Been waiting for MS to release a Surface that's worth buying and it looks like the Pro will be with us in June then.

They may have missed the Christmas rush by a pinch, but hopefully Haswell was worth the holdup.

- Evil

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'd be very surprised if the Surface Pro launches in the UK with a Haswell processor. It's far more likely it'll be the same spec as the US launch, i.e. an Ivy Bridge Core i5.

9. Dr Evil

Dr Evil What's a Dremel?

Hi Gareth,

Do you want a gentlemans handshake or a fiver on it? :-]

- Evil

10. Gareth Halfacree

G'wan then: loser pays a fiver to the charity of the winner's choice. You win if the Surface Pro launches with Haswell; I win if it launches with Ivy Bridge. If it launches with neither - like, Microsoft goes nuts and puts an AMD chip in there or something - then we both pay up. Deal?

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Can pretty much guarentee it will be ivy, an American company giving haswell enabled surface pro to uk not going to happen.

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Hmmm, some of the virtualisation tech seems to be missing from the k series going by the chart in the linked site.

13. Dr Evil

Dr Evil What's a Dremel?

Sounds great to me Gareth, good suggestion.

Best,

Evil

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

None, zero, nada. New generation of CPU never changes the pricing of the previous generation(s). Older generations stays at the same price level and slowly disappears.

15. Gareth Halfacree