1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Heroes of the Storm

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GMC, 29 Oct 2015.

1. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Had a look around and can't see a thread on this at all so thought I'd start one and see if anyone else is playing?

Never played a moba before this and really enjoying it, though hero league is a bit of a mess for me due to a nasty losing streak in placement games.

If you're curious, the free to play model is viable and in game gold can be earned sufficiently to progress at reasonable pace and free trial characters each week keep you in variety till you own more characters. A couple quid for a stimpack speeds this a lot too but isn't necessary.

Anyone else playing? Maybe we can get a BT team going in league games...

Hope we can get a discussion going here.

2. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

I would be interested in setting up a 'B' team, if sufficient interest was there.

I'm not afraid to say that I totally suck at MOBA's, but they are fun for passing the time. Seeing as my time is split between Blizzard franchises at the moment, it'd be good to play a bit of actual team-based MP.

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Hey GMC!

I played this a bit with some old mates, it's pretty slick and easy to get into, with decent variety in characters and abilities. However, I did find it's the kind of game that can eat away at people patience/tempers if over played, as it puts massive emphasis on individual performance and not 'letting the team down'. Can be quite stressful as games go.

Agree with what you say on the progression model, gold etc, not bad for a F2P style game.

I don't know if I would revisit it but for anyone looking to get into a moba, i'd certainly recommend giving it a go!

4. GMC

GMC Minimodder

DeckerdBR my old wingman :thumb:

You are right, as with any team game there is some toxicity in the playerbase although I manage to ignore most of it and simply mute daft ranting people or report them for abusive chat. TBH my biggest reason for wanting to try and team up with people is to try and get some mutual feedback going and have fun.

Thom804
    check out hotslogs.com. You upload replays and it gives you a load of stats on your play.
    My profile is: https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=3701423
    There's a great youtube video explaining the site here: https://youtu.be/q8AB_WeeSE4
    Actually that youtube channel is a great source of info and tips as he commentates on games in real time. I learned a lot.

Anyways. Send me a friend request in game and post in the thread so I know who you are: GMac#2438

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

been playing as mauradin tank spec - usually after a few beers for lol factor

6. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Muradin not my strongest play. Struggle with the fact he just doesn't have the damage..
    Love the stuns and slows though, especially against an illidan reliant on attack speed for sustain :D

7. E1TSY

E1TSY A cog in the bit-tech machine

I have been playing this like mad and have officially moved from League of Legends. Currently max level. Strong Muradin and Raynor play. Currently messing around with Artanis.
    Always up for adding people to battle.net for games.

E1TSY#2258 add me up :)

8. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Great. I'll add you when i'm next online.

Had a nice 4 game winning streak yesterday with Raynor. Still loving Nazeebro though. Don't get targeted immediately by enemy team like I do when playing Valla or Jaina until the late game when my damage and tankiness is much better. And jungling with a gargie is satisfying.

9. E1TSY

Cool. Just seen that you are in Cambs. Same area as the country as me :)

Nice job on the 4 game win streak. Love a bit of Nazeebo! Fun to play especially late game.
    For fun i love playing Murky. Super annoying heroe and good for soaking lanes

10. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Friend request sent.
    Hope to see you online and get a few games in.

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Murky needed buffs the last time I played the game. The 3 main assasins were super broken. Illidan had infinite chase, Valle had broken levels of sustain dps, And Jaina could 1 shot most characters.

12. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Jaina still wicked burst but very squishy and if you're not out of position and body blocked you can usually dodge.

Valla can be very high DPS and sustain with the right talent build but only late game and while you have stacks of hatred and discipline, they fade fast and surviving the first part of a team fight isn't always easy. Great in some circumstances, but definitely not all.
    Illidan can be castrated by other heroes who have slow effects. Take the right talents on Muradin and Illidan turns into a kitten every time he attacks ;)

Murky is a blast, amazing how much he can push, and for some reason people will overextend and suicide to kill him and his egg out of sheer frustration :)

@E1TSY, how are you typically building Raynor?

13. GMC

GMC Minimodder

nobody else?

14. E1TSY

Should be on tomorrow night for some games.

Typical Raynor build. Seasoned marksmen and then focus on penetrating shot and also basic attack crit damage. Makes him unstoppable. I also choose banshees for ult if Zeratul and Nova are playing as they stop them from going invisible. Outside of this Hyperion for seige damage :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

15. GMC

GMC Minimodder

I've been building for autoattack damage.
    Vampiric or focussed at 4 depending on team comps. Fight or flight at 7, and Hyperion or raiders based on the map and need to zone enemy team out of places like on sky temple or the garden.
    Giant killer and berserk mean I can take tanks down pretty quick and work well with the lvl 4 choices then nexus frenzy at 20.

I tend to use the Q for bringing zeratul or Nova out of stealth or buying some space on a retreat. In fights it just seems to help the enemy team peel away unless it's a killshot.

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I'm rarely on tbh but feel free to hit NinjaBrick#2758 [me] with a friends request if you want a quick spin of Hearthstone or HoTS...

17. E1TSY

Had some great games again, admittedly some loses amongst the wins but fun none the less.
    Played some Sylvannas this time (nice little heroe) i would note that my left hand ached a little afterwards, not used to pressing buttons so quickly on this game lol

Raynor came into his own as usual, very strong and with Tychus in lane too it made for a quick win once Ulti's were up :)

The main one i am trying to find a strong point for is Artanis. Playing with the build a little last night, i found some strength in him but his Ulti is very hit and miss. Although, if you get the lvl 20 "Restart if heroe dies" can be fun in team fights.....As long as nobody has an evade move or just plain stupid as you can quickly escape it.

18. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Not tried artanis get, but that laser ulti is good single target control. Target that on high dps damage dealers and they are out of the teamfight.

19. E1TSY

Thats the exciting part....until they use an escape move / dash. Then the laser moves along like a small snail.

20. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Target Raynor, Tychus as priority. Gotcha.