1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard to close Diablo III Auction House

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 18 Sep 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Finally !

3. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

I assume the normal AH will stay?

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No: both the real-money and in-game Auction Houses are to close.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Not sure i agree with this personally. Shutting down the ah means new players in inferno are gonna struggle majorly. Never used real money ah but sold plenty on other ah.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

quite likely this will remove the `allways on` part of D3 for PC as well.

7. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

They've said they won't

ARGH!!!!

I'm in Australia... and the lag.. its bad!

8. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

that would be nice. I'd also like that characters could be less stuff dependant. Being able to choose where we place our point when lvl up would be awesome.

Also, they must completly rewrite the magic item attributes randomiser. +200 str on a wand or +200 int on a warrior only weapon is ridiculious.

9. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

Woop Woop might buy the game again or try and get my ban taken off (I was band for boting but hadn't). This game may turn around now and be more fun to play, although the people that have 1,000billion gold will now be trying there hardest to sell as much as possible and the Chinese botters will have to find another job for there D3 bot farms. I did spend some time on bot sites after being band to see what people where doing and some people said there buying 500 keys so they can run 100 instances of the game and swap account 5 times a day to reduce the risk od being caught and seeing this just made me not want to play the game again.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

Blizzard to remove the always online requirement would actually have to give us the AI files and a few other things as they are not stored locally on your pc. 3-4gb of data is missing acording to people on diablofans who have done the actual research.

D3 for me was always awesome co op not sure how much fun it would be solo.

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

xbox and ps3 have them on disk already :(

12. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

The Auction House really ruined the game compared to the previous titles in the series. It became both too easy and necessary to use the AH for item mining. There likely isn't a single item on my Inferno level monk that I didn't purchase through the gold AH. I had to in order to survive. That really sapped the fun out of the game. Instead of running quests for better items, I was simply doing gold runs in order to buy better items. It really took the fun out of discovering really good items on your own.

Too little too late in my opinion. I still don't see getting back into the game now that the damage has already been done, even with the planned expansion on the horizon.

13. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

YES! Now I'm interested in playing the game again :rock: Will actually find like D2 for starters.

I haven't played D2 in ages, but seem to remember it was like that back then. Stupid I agree, but I suppose they keep it like that to make the randomiser truly random. Down to personal choice I guess.

/2cents

14. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I doubt this is going to help the game, unless they plan on increasing loop drop rates too. I never had an issue with other players buying and selling items, it was the stupidly low chance of finding anything good by actually playing the game that ruined it.

Of course, all the loot in D3 is mind-numbingly boring, so it's a moot point anyway.

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

A week ago they were insisting that the Auction Houses were in it for the long haul as well.

RMAH and it's attendant DRM have cost Activision Blizzard a lot of money, since the PS3 version is actually working out fine without either, maybe their last desperation move to get some money of the PC version will be to kill the DRM too.

Live in hope.

16. Bonedoctor

Bonedoctor Have you turned it off & on again?

Already sold the game for real money in real world. Too little too late is right.

17. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

From what I've read around various places, the drop rates will be raised accordingly.

Let us hope indeed

18. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

The whole loot system is getting overhauled prior to the AH being shut down. As I understand it there will be fewer drops but the drops will be higher quality. Items should also have a primary stat that is relevant to the class they'll be used by. Blizz will also be adding a reforger that will allow you to change one stat on an item.

19. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Whats the betting that it will still be plagued by bots and people running around with uber gear. Just because they are closing down there own AH does not mean trading in items for real money will stop, it will just hand more $ to third party web sites that sell items and in game gold.

20. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

I gave up on d3 when I had to buy virtually everything just to make it to inferno act 2, which I couldn't get past. I then proceed to make another character and started out using the auction house right away; it got boring super quick.