1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox One will work without Kinect

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 13 Aug 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

They must be worried about pre-order numbers to make yet another u-turn.

3. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

No, they've listened to feedback as the article says.

4. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Sounds legit.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

read elsewhere a number of child protection concerns in the EU have been raised - along the lines of ` so this device can record a 10 year old girl getting changed in her bedroom then`.

6. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Again, they've listened to feedback as the article says.

7. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

"several people had expressed concern..." hahahahahahahahahahha good one to start the day off with!

8. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

'Feedback' in this case, being the fiscal sort.

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It's interesting that their strategy now seems to revolve around making awful and terrible PR and then later redacting and rectifying it.

Not the best approach but apparently people are still pre-ordering these boxes.

10. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Don't be so cynical about these reports. The average person who is likely to buy this console and make up the vast majority of the XBox One's market is not a serious gamer. They don't follow these websites and don't even see these stories/articles, let alone read them. For them it will all come down to the BIG marketing schemes Sony and MS use around launch time. They will buy the console and subsequently the games that they see advertised on TV and in their favourite (non-gaming) magazines.

Maybe Sony are also making plenty of changes but are deciding to do their laundry behind closed doors rather than in public like MS.

Anyway, my money is staying firmly in my pocket until I see a reason to spend it and that reason will be based on the unit's features and games... not media or marketing hype or ********.

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Knowing my timeframe and schedule. I wouldn't have enough time as it is.

12. Woollster00

Woollster00 What's a Dremel?

Lol another day another U Turn for Microflop can't believe how bad they screwed up this console launch they don't have a hope in hell coming out on top by the end of Q4 this year.

13. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

That is how sci-fi films expected we would want to interact with technology but its actually really awkward and unnatural. Using a physical controller feels much more comfortable, in my opinion anyway.

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

This is the precursor to a Kinect free version of the hardware selling for $400 or $350. Microsoft are reportedly getting hammered by the pre-order numbers for Xbone (lack there of) and they're making moves to salvage the situation.
    That's what I expect to happen anyway.

15. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

No where does the article mention listening to feedback, sure they say "we all understood" but no matter how many times i have read it i cant find "listened to feedback", care to point it out where it says that !

Are they real that out of touch with their customers that they have to do so many U-turns because of "features" people don't like ?

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Microsoft is damned if it does, damned if it doesn't. If it ignores user complaints, it is stubborn, arrogant, ignorant. If it listens to user complaints it is inconsistent, making u-turns, ignorant.

OK then, what would you like Microsoft to do? Get it perfect first time? Does Apple? Does Google? Does Sony?

I think consumers need to decide what sort of behaviour they want to reinforce in companies. I for one prefer one that listens to the users and changes things if necessary.

RichCreedy likes this.
  17. Platinum

Platinum What's a Dremel?

The average gamer will buy this because they already have a 360 and dont want to chuck away 8 years of Gamerscore :)

Me ill buy what ever my mates get.

18. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

QFT. +1

19. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I get the damned if they do, damned if they don't argument. But these things, DRM, peoples concerns about surveillance, etc, etc have been around for years, that they didn't research or think about these thing before the reveal begs the question why not.

20. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I think it's genius of Microsoft actually. They can test the waters with decisions which are maybe abit controversial, then leave themselves enough room to do a u-turn if needs be. In the mean time, we're all talking about Microsoft.

Tags: Add Tags