1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Modified BIOS pushes the Titan X to 1,550MHz

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 Mar 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

...has been shown to hit...

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Wowza. I bet at that speed its twice as fast as a 980. Hopefully we'll have an affordable equivalent by the time VR hits.

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

apparently the board comes with the mountings for an extra 8 pin power

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

8-pin power plugs don't actually supply any additional power. The spare 2 pins are just grounds, and in many 6+2 connectors, the +2 are directly connected to the other ground wires. The purpose of these connectors is really just to say that your PSU is capable of handling the extra load. That being said, you don't need the extra 2 pins.

Anyway, I feel like this overclock might be safe if you liquid cool the GPU. I definitely wouldn't do this with any air-based heatsink.

6. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

And 6 pin connector, according to ATX standard, does not need to have middle +12V pin and middle GND pin is used as sense - so 2 pairs of power rails in total. While 99% of PSUs on market have that third 12V line, can you guarantee that card manufacturer used it in GPU?. On the other hand, 8 pin connector has to have 3 pairs of power rails (+2 sense pins).

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

benchmark number?

that's all we care, amirite?

8. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It's topping the charts on HWBot, in everything tested so far. They're ****ing powerful! :D

9. cakez

cakez What's a Dremel?

Do I flash this BIOS onto the titan?

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Perhaps you should go and read up on it before you do anything..

11. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

If you've got to ask that question, I wouldn't even be looking at doing it. Flashes can go wrong, and you can brick the card which will be made worse by the fact that it has NO warranty when you've modified the BIOS (and cannot change it back).

I've flashed a few cards in the past, and one of them loved to set my VRAM frequency to almost 40000 MHz and there was apparently over 3000GB of it. Hmm... that was the most powerful HD 5850 .... EVER! :D

12. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

First post, asks a seriously silly question.

I'm all for supporting new members of the community, but when you have a complete absence of knowledge, just steer clear and do this:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+overclock+a+graphics+card

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Don't be that guy, guy. We were all newbies once, and our new friend has already been steered away from trying the mod by posts you must have read before making your own - the first was more than three hours before yours. I would remind you of the Zeroth Rule, which can be summarised as "don't be a nobber."

Don't be that guy.