1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Forza Horizon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by alastor, 5 Jun 2012.

1. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Following the E3 trailer last night, Eurogamer have a preview up and it's looking pretty exciting.

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Oh ****, oh no, no, no no no NO!

Forza was a brilliant racing franchise but this looks like generic chav-racer #3245.

i can onlyhope that's a minor portion of the game and that they have soem more rally options.

It's made by a different dev anyway.

3. alastor

alastor Minimodder

I agree about the "street racing scene" bits but Forza 4 physics and vehicles with even better graphics (solid 30fps so more rendering time, but keeping 60fps controller and physics refresh) in an open world environment can't be a bad thing.

Think more Test Drive than NFS.

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I know what you're saying but I just hope that this isn'the direction all future Forza games go in.

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Oh no I doubt that, as you said this is from a new studio (Playground, full of ex-Codemasters and Bizarre (PGR) staff); Turn 10 will keep working on the circuit based numbered Forzas.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Racing on endless arrow straight roads, fun times ahead I predict.:eyebrow:

Was that trailer made especially for E3? I've seen better quality fan made videos for similar games on youtube.

7. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I hope this isn't too arcadey! If they don't dumb it down too much, this could be great fun - but I fear that with points for drifting, sideswiping and other "reckless behaviour" this could be a bit rubbish.

We shall see. :)

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

So long as the game actually has some structure to it I'll be happy. I absolutely loved Forza 2 and could barely hold the excitement for Forza 3, then I got it and found out that it's complete turd. Sure it looks great and has improved physics but it was just a borefest.

If this gives a Cannonball Run type race across country with Forza handling it could be truly great.

9. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Can't wait for this. That trailer was amazing :)

10. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

11. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

looks good cant wait :D

12. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

getting into FM4 after the VVV tuning guides went up on youtube

really looking forward to horizon, looks v interesting.

13. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Forza: The Run.

14. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

So, has anyone played it yet?

15. suragh

suragh Derp

Nah, it was at the expo I went to last month but didn't get a chance to play it, the graphics and content are pretty good imo. It looks sick though! :D

16. wst

wst Minimodder

I've got it. Played about 10 hours so far. Holy moly. It's far better than I imagined. It's not as arcadey as the demo was! (There is hidden stability control - to remove it you have to set the difficulty to 'extreme' then add whatever assists you want manually, it bears pointing that out).

But it's... not crap. I'm pleasantly surprised. It was either going to be amazing or awful.

Not played online mode yet, but apparently there is a co-op challenge on the freeway - 'minimum speed 200mph', which is... insane really.

The game throws money at you but not quite as liberally as FM4 did. Upgrades are cheap, without hunting them out you spot and crush most of the upgrade discount boards easily enough. You can win cars from competitions and from competitors (there's one yoof kinda guy who will race you for pinks innit, and then there's a "wristband antagonist" who will trash talk you while you are on a certain colour wristband... when you get to the next colour wristband they race you and you get their car... it's worth doing because they are SO ANNOYING you just want to punch them... or at least take their car off them)

Good fun game though. Can't comment on the music, I turned the radio off as I like the engine sounds on the whole (tunnels sound good!)

17. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I have to say that I am surprised that this is actually really really good. It's obvious they have stolen a load of ideas from Burnout Paradise and the Autolog from the most recent NFS, but it works! The Forza engine translates really well into open road racing and the feeling of speed is absolutely incredible.

The AI is still not great (and it cheats - there is no way that the AI is bound by the same laws of physics as us mere mortals!), but that doesn't seem to matter. Once you have turned off all the assists (except ABS) then it drives really, really well.

Needless to say I will no longer be buying NFS when it comes out next week as this will keep me going for a good while. I have cancelled my NFS pre order and may get it further down the line when it's a bit cheaper.

Well done Turn 2 - I honestly thought that this would not be very good. How wrong I was!

18. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I tried the demo in a bit of a foul mood. I instantly said, IF I WANTED TO PLAY NEED FOR SPEED, I'D PLAY NEED FOR SPEED. I gave it another go the next day, I'm very impressed. About to nip out and acquire myself a copy.

EDIT: Bought it, been playing it a fair bit. Quite a nice game! The expanded driving environment with Forza driving qualities, definitely a game I'd recommend.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2012
  19. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Played the demo and enjoyed so I've just bought a copy of this figuring that I've got 2 weeks until Black Ops 2, then once I realise that's crap and shouldn't be played, alot longer to finish this and play some of my other games.