1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Designing a Computer Chassis (University Project)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thegamingeng, 8 Dec 2014.

1. thegamingeng

thegamingeng What's a Dremel?

Hey everyone,

I'm knew to this forum but have been a reader of Custom PC for a couple of years and have a keen interest in PC building and computer technology.

I'm currently in my final year of University in the UK studying Mechanical Engineering (BEng) and took up a final year project to "design my own computer chassis to optimise cooling of internal components".

My project will revolve around applying thermodynamic principles as well as conclusions drawn from simulations (using Solidworks) to design a chassis with optimal cooling for both air and water cooling techniques. the thermodynamic principles include heat transfer - by convection and conduction and air flow profiles (velocity, boundary effects, flow type - laminar/turbulent, pressure etc.).

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or expertise in this area and could offer any help, suggestions or could answer any questions I had.

Thanks in advance,

thegamingeng

P.S - I can update this thread as my project progresses (with pictures, blog posts etc.) if desired.