1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customer service - why I love Gigabyte

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Drekz, 4 Jul 2011.

1. Drekz

Drekz What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

So I finally got around to replacing my mobo later on this week, and wow, was I surprised when I looked at what it's being replaced for.

I've been using Gigabyte since 2007 and this is just another of the reasons why I think they're the best around :) Much appreciated!

Last edited: 4 Jul 2011
  2. rular

rular What's a Dremel?

wow nice one. reason to swap to gigabyte

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Excellent news!
    I am glad I picked Gigabyte as well. More expensive than ASUS, but man it's higher quality and a lot better after sale service

4. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

I am about to ditch Asus as I have had crap support from them with the Sandy bridge issue,

I had the P8P67 Pro what would people think the gigabyte equivelent is or would suggest getting,

I was thinking about a z68 but they dont seem to have the graphics connectors on them so whats the advantage?

5. GoodBytes

Glad that they are more people realizing how ASUS isn't what it used to be.

I am looking into it now, but, with Gigabyte boards, they are easy to identify their class, kinda like AMD and Nvidia graphic cards. They all have "UD" and a number after it. Higher the number the higher end the motherboard. The more OC you can do, and the more features you have.

So far I am leaning to: GA-P67A-UD5-B3 or GA-P67A-UD4-B3

6. glendronach

glendronach Minimodder

I have a warm boot problem with the GA-970A-UD3 and a Samsung SH-S223 DVD writer.
    Stll waiting for a response to a ticket raised over a week ago.
    Not good.

7. GoodBytes

From my experience Gigabyte is quiet fast. All I can think about, is that they don't know, probably moved to an upper level, and put under investigation or something.

The solution to your problem are:
    -> Attach the Samsung DVD-burner to another computer, and see if it works. If it does, check for the latest firmware of the drive.

-> Update your motherboard BIOS

-> Buy a new drive (I know it's stupid, but it's only a few dollars). This problem of not compatible drive is rare but I know this happened. You can read many stories through the years or people with similar issues. Usually one of the above solves the problem. It could also be a faulty drive.

8. glendronach

glendronach Minimodder

Thanks Goodbytes. I should stop using quick replies!
    If I use a different (Liteon iHAS120) drive the problem goes away.
    The Samsung burns CD-R at 8x which I need for my hifi CD player, the Liteon will only burn at 16x or faster.
    The Samsung firmware is the latest.
    The GA-970A-UD3 motherboard BIOS is the latest.
    The problem doesn't happen with the Samsung drive on a Biostar AMD760G board.

It is annoying that Gigabyte haven't replied.

9. GoodBytes

As I said, the problem is that the optical drive doesn't support your motherboard. It could be the chipset set it does not like, or the SATA controller, or simply, the Gigabyte board doesn't like the optical drive.

You have the same problem with SSD and most laptops. You have compatibility issues... it's just very very very common for SSD and laptops, while optical drives are rare.

All Gigabyte will tell you, if you push them, is to buy a new one.. and then you'll reply or complain, that how it doesn't support a stupid drive, and the Engineer team/Manager knows that fixing your problem is complicated, time consuming, and figure out how to find your old Samsung drive down to the exact revision, so it's a no. And you'll rant how you'll never buy a Gigabyte board... just because of a 15$ optical drive.

So, it's most likely it's being ignored... and at best... read your post on reverse "When I put my optical drive on my Gigabyte board, it doesn't work [...] when I use another one, everything is works. Please help." Conclusion?! Your optical drive is busted, or not compatible, buy another one. Simple as that. There is no magic trick anyone can do.

You might want to try to boot on different SATA controller, but other than that... there is nothing you can do.