1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Gaming Podcast 9 - AvP, Heavy Rain and Hellgate

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Jan 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. woodss

woodss Yes Louis Wu

Heavy rain is going to be SWEEEET

3. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

after 15 mins i gave up. mic levels are all over the place and my phone volume is macedonia out. do me a favour, download your own podcast and listen to it on the way home. then ask yourselves if you would bother with it.

cheers on the AvP multiplayer info though

4. Hg

Hg The game known as life

Really cant wait for Heavy rain, its on my pre-order list along with many other games like BFBC2, dante's inferno, God Of War III, Final Fantasy XIII just to name a few.
    I hope 2010 turns out to be another good year for game releases!

5. CardJoe

This does seem to be a recurring problem and one we're anxious to fix. The problem is that the volume on the Mac we edit it with is absolutely fine when I listen to it both during and after the edit. If anything the volume has to be turned really far down, yet when we put the podcast live people always complain it's too quiet. It's quite baffling.

I promise I'll get it fixed for the next podcast though, even if I have to spend hours tinkering with individual channels and levels.

6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The volumes aren't that bad, I noticed it at the start but didn't notice after a while.

ps. It's annoying when you slag off modern warfare on consoles.

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I think it's just one person sitting further away than the others from the mic, as Jamie said you tend to get used to it after a while.

another great podcast guys, although, I think you need to put the email addy for the competition in the podcast blog post.

8. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

thanks for reply. i know people have mentioned its fine when you get used to it but thats probably when your at home on your pc. i listen to podcasts in the car or when out and about and find large bits of it completely inaudible. maybe my phone has a low max volume but i tell you what, if i forget to disable the 1 volume for everything setting and receive a text it blows my head off, killing innocent bystanders.

ps that macedonia bit...was meant to read maximium. odd

9. demonisch

demonisch What's a Dremel?

Hi, I am Andy, the guy who won the caption competition. Just want to save my pride as a Nightwish fan. I said that the song "Balls to the wall" was by the German metal band "Accept". You have quoted me saying the song is by Nightwish ><

Brilliant pod-cast otherwise. Had no issues with the volume.

10. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I just assumed you played magic the gathering joe :D

11. CardJoe

Whoops - sorry!

12. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Maybe they could all use call centre head microphones. That way everyone's mic would be a constant distance from their mouth.

13. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Great podcast, but I too would like more consistent and louder volume level.
    I listen on my PSP at max volume and can't hear it very well at work.

Also Nightwish Cheesecake.

14. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

Ta for reading out my letter about on-line IDs! It was quite funny hearing someone else read out what I'd written - made me sound like a right old whinger. You were right though - damienvc is my 'real' name, vc is a shortened version of my surname (which is dutch and ridiculously long).

Now where the free stuff you promised reader mail in Gaming Podcast 8...that was the only reason I wrote in, to blag something!!! I'm expecting a decent gaming laptop at the very least!!

I have to agree with the volume levels, sorry! I listen in the car and they are all over the place. Great podcast though, keep it up!

Tags: Add Tags