1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Thunderbird gets financial wings

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Sep 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

I still really don't see why it couldn't have remained at Mozilla instead going to this new company. :/

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

FF is handled by a subsidiary also (i think) it's probably a tax issue (dodge).

4. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

Love Thunderbird and being using it for past 2 years or so. I reckon it handles large Mail inboxes better than Outlook, currently have over 21gig of emails in Thunderbird, and my colleague who uses Outlook with similar email sizes finds the client really really sluggish!

5. bilbothebaggins

bilbothebaggins What's a Dremel?

Use thunderbird at home and love it.
    At work I have to use outlook, but I'm using TB to read newsgroups, because outlook is utter crap for that.

It's easy to just switch over to FF at work and at home, but since many people have to use Outlook at work I guess they just stick with what they're used to.

6. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

All my mailing is done through gmail, but if I was using a POP/IMAP account (IMAP for GMail? Yes please!), I'd be using TB with it.

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Some companies has their e-mail system where its unable to work with anything else other then Outlook. So employees are stuck using it.

8. xtroid22k

xtroid22k What's a Dremel?

Love Thunderbird

Hi,

Well, I love thunderbird. The performance is just out there. I support outlook at work and the problems we run into are just insane. I am a hardware pheme at heart so when it comes to application support; I don't enjoy it as much. I do fix it though. Also I haven't really studied thunderbird indept though but personal folders are handled much better. .pst files run the risk of corruption when you they approach 2GB, but thats part of the problem my office has; but thats another story.

Man I just love thunderbird, been using it for sometime and I would highly recomend it. Just switching your browser and e-mail client increases your computers security, les vulnerable to mal-ware, and more stable from what I have found.

Thanks

9. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

GMAIL does POP.. :D

10. evilgreenie

evilgreenie Standby for Main Engine Burn

Presumably this part of the huge wodge of money that Google "invested" in Mozilla. I'm still concerned that Thunderbird has been spun off into separate company.. Anyone else thinking "So long and thanks for all the fish"

11. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

In the end I just use Evolution.

12. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

The spinoff worrys me little. I would like to use Thunderbird to sync with my smartphone however.

Tags: Add Tags