1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Anyone have experience with XFX support?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by FifteeeCal, 27 Oct 2011.

1. FifteeeCal

FifteeeCal What's a Dremel?

So my trusty 5870 decided to die on me yesterday, just before BF3 comes out. Fantastic!

I've submitted a support ticket on the XFX website. Does anyone have any idea how long it could take them to get back to me?

2. Shabing

Shabing What's a Dremel?

They're quick, but in my one experience random. I had a 4770 that ran extremely hot at idle, with the case off and fan stepped up in ATI tools constantly. They advised me to purchase a spot fan. I bought a gtx460 1 gig.

3. FifteeeCal

FifteeeCal What's a Dremel?

I received a reply pretty sharpish, though they suggusted flashing a different BIOS for the card, which I thought was odd as it's been running flawlessly for almost 2 years now. I actually just re-installed the card and it's now working fine, tested on Furmark and it didn't crash or artefact at all. Odd, but I'm not complaining!

Unfortunate that they didn't help you with your problem!

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Funny, when I read, 'experience with XFX support' , I chuckled and thought, 'what support'? I can honestly say Ive read more bad than good about them, unlike EVGA for example with regard to gpu support. Ok my experience wasn't flawless, but at least I got a new gtx 460 under the ten year warranty they offer.

5. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

If the card develops a fault within 6 years from the date of purchase you can claim compensation under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 in the UK. Just check the thread linked in my signature!