1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA filtering non-5 star ratings for Dungeon Keeper

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 11 Feb 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Stories about this game (and EA in general) just seem to be getting more and more ridiculous...

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

4. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Amazing. You've got thousands upon thousands of people screaming out for NFSU III yet they just continue on with their fingers in their ears and do the "la la la" ****.

It's really annoying. They need to learn to listen to their customers instead of continually publishing shite they don't want over and over again. Well, that and ruining games by making them always online and so on. It pisses me off I can't play with my Simpsons when I don't have a connection.

5. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Wow, as if things weren't bad enough already, even the ORIGINAL CREATOR has slammed it!

Good job EA *slow clap*

6. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

It still makes money, and that's the only way how EA rate success. I'm pretty sure the last few quarters they made better than expected profits.

People need to stop blindly pre-ordering games, and buying the extras and crap that you *shouldn't* have to pay for. Then maybe EA will listen.

7. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

I truly wish there was some sort of quality control board for all games companies, so companies like EA could get slammed for pulling crap like this!

I mean I get that the game is crap, but don't pull rating manipulation stunts like that, just to get more suckers to buy the game.

8. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Whilst it is true that users can leave whatever rating they want on the Google Play store, it does mean they have to say that they will leave a 5 star rating first and then change their mind when they get there."

Or they could just rate the game from the store like any other app on.

I can't believe how much this story has been picked up over the media. I'd rather tell a developer why I don't like their game/app than leave a 1 star "itz shits" review like so many do.

I have zero intention playing the game as I find the current free to play model with time accelerating microtranstactions to be a total joke. Then again its not meant for me is it? Its meant for those that find this a satisfying experience. While those people pay this is going to get even worse.

9. Blackshark

Blackshark What's a Dremel?

Well run, I would be suprised if this type of behaviour does not run against Googles Ts n Cs.

Cant agree more with the later part of your post though.

10. Bloodburgers

Bloodburgers Minimodder

It is amazing what you can get away with with various reviews systems etc which why as a retail company choosing a review system is important as many allow the company being reviewed to edit and vet all the incoming reviews which defeats the point in my opinion.

I persuaded my boss to implement a review system on our ecommerce site which the reviews can only be edited by the review company if it breaches their t's and c's. Now as a decent retailer i am proud to show this off and would much rather have a 90-99% approval rating than a 100% beacuse that <9% validates that its real feedback.

Reviews serve 2 key purposes;
    1) inform the customer whether item/service is of value boosting sales
    2) inform the retailer etc what they are doing right or wrong.

EA I fear have focussed on 1) and not the other.

11. demastes

demastes What's a Dremel?

BBC page says they have been voted the worst company 2 years running. yet idiot STILL buy their products. the mind boggles =S

12. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I vowed never to buy another EA game years ago, sadly not everyone can resist buying the latest COD or BF game, even when they probably know EA is going to treat them like a cash cow with things like DLC releases on day one.

13. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

EA has definitely made me stop pre-ordering. Never again. The last game I pre-ordered that met or beat my expectations was BF:BC2.

14. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

I believe mobile gaming is the worst thing to happen to the games industry, so so many shite games just being thorown out, developers are getting lazy .

15. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

I believe mobile gaming is the worst thing to happen to the games industry, so so many shite games just being thorown out, developers are getting lazy .

Tags: Add Tags