1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Custom speakers...

Discussion in 'General' started by Boscoe, 9 Jan 2013.

1. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

I have mentioned this on the forums before but for some reason or another (too much personal work!) I haven't been able to dedicate much time to follow up the ideas make them possible. Now I have a bit more free time I would like to offer this service once more. Bascially the idea is if you want some custom speakers (size, colour or particular quality you desire) I can make it for you. The price may be a little higher than your off the shelf speakers but they use cheap Chinease drivers and materials, mine on the other hand will be made with high end HiFi drivers and high quality birch faced plywood finished to fantastic quality.

I have an obsession with high quality audio because my ultimate passion is music. Combine this passion for music and another obsession for perfection and you have me! A person who has dedicated the past four years of his life to electronics and audio systems which has now resulted in a electronics engineering role at the (possibly) most well know high end English HiFi company at just 18 years of age. I realise my age will put people off but I will be posting pictures of previous projects later today. Also if you are interested and cautious about buying I don't mind no up front costs so you only pay if your happy with the finished product.

Thanks
    Boscoe

2. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

Serious question: what would a pair of headphones with 50mm drivers cost around?
    My neighbours doesn't appreciate my music and I don't appreciate my 200kr headset.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

How much are we talking Boscoe?

4. Boscoe

About £450-500 for some bookshelf sized two ways.

5. Boscoe

Sorry that's not something I'm really able to do. I think you would be better off buying some off the shelf, both for your wallet and ears!

6. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

oh ok. Thanks anyways.

7. Boscoe

Out of interest does anyone have an opinion on this?

Thanks

8. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I was very much looking forward to these last time you posted and still am, even after getting a pair of HD598's. I'm still in need of a good speaker system for when I have friends round, and I think these could be great, especially at your initial expected price.

9. Boscoe

You think that's a fair price then? Send me a pm if you and we can discuss what I an do for you if you like?

10. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Intrigued.

Could we have the mentioned link to previous products?

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Also if you are interested and cautious about buying I don't mind no up front costs so you only pay if your happy with the finished product.

This is the only thing that alerted me, i appreciate your going to be making a decent profit from these but surely you could'nt risk building something you considered to be worth £450-£500 as a finished product to hope someone then actually pays you when their happy :jawdrop: im confident they would be made well but what if somebody suddenly could'nt afford them?

You should atleast be considering some form of deposit to cover some of the costs i would think

Have you made anything previous you can show? (apologys if they're in the thread college blocks image hosts)

12. Boscoe

Yes I will post some pics later tonight.

Not asking for up front costs wouldn't be a permanent thing. I would just do it to build trust. I am aware it's risky not actually knowing whether people can pay but this is something I really enjoy doing so I'm willing to go out on a limb.

Oh I won't be making much profit at all!

Thanks for the feedback!

13. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I would be interested after some pictures and bits etc.

14. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I could well be interested in a Soundbar if it's at all possible. Will await photo's also, but i am interested none the less.

Sam

15. Boscoe

Pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The amplifier modules that went into those cases.

[​IMG]

So I plan to get all the panels of the speakers CNC cut, I then stain/paint/vanish them (depending on what you want).

So what do we think!?

16. Boscoe

I don't have any speakers that would look like what I have in mind there so I will try and knock a box up over the weekend that will look like what i think.

17. Boscoe

Nothing?

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

You could make a killing with a website buddy

The pictures you have shown there are a winner in my opinion, shows precision and quality

Try setting up a wordpress site make it really sleek and minimal, don't try to hard to sell it just use alot of what you are working with there, bung it on facebook get a few likes and shares within the audio enthusiast community to get the ball rolling.

The pictures speak for themselves i think you'll do well with the right vision

19. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Or kickstarter?

20. Boscoe

gswaudio.co.uk

Just need a product to stick on there!