1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics >>Please reccomend me a dual monitor graphics card!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by guysy1110, 25 Mar 2011.

1. guysy1110

guysy1110 What's a Dremel?

Hi, im currently using a nvidia 6600GT graphics card with a zalman cooler, it was working for me perfectly,

But i had an accident with liquid and at the moment im hoping the card is OK but im not sure yet..

Im looking for a graphics card that can support my twin VGA monitors, ive currently got twin DVI outputs on my card but using adapters..

Can anyone suggest me a decent graphics card that can support my twin monitors, possibly best about currently for my budget which is under £60 ($96.47)

I know its a low budget, all i do is internet and watch a lot of films, upgrade for me would be good ive had a lot of driver messages like driver stopped working (i realise this is a software issue) possibly hardware due to it being stressed by me think onboard is 256mb? 512 or 1gb would be ideal...

Suggestions please!!!

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

You can get a 1GB nvidia GT220 for £45 from scan which would be all in since you qualify for bit-tech user free delivery :thumb:

It has D-SUB/DL DVI/HDMI so i can only presume it supports dual monitors happily :)

Details here Other members will be able to say better than I whether it fits the bill or not but i think its just about dandy for your needs.

3. guysy1110

Cheers for the fast, reply, wow excellent!! that looks pretty decent, i was put off, my card has 2 identical dvi ports, why do these ones have one dvi and one vga?

Would i plug one monitor into vga as normal, and the other into the dvi port using a dvi adapter?

Or do they come with splitter plugs for each port (i.e into vga splits into 2?)

If someone could clear that up would be greatful,

Also how do i go about free postage?

Any other suggestions welcome too, Thanks.

4. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

dont even need a GT220 if all your doing is browsing the net and watching films

then this will do

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/512m...-520mhz-shader-1230mhz-8-cores-d-sub-dvi-hdmi

your correct in your first question 1 plugs in and the other ses an adapter. The reason they come with VGA and not twin DVI is a costing thing. Cheaper to use a VGA than a DVI-I port.

5. Ljs

Ljs Modder

If you already have an account with Scan, fish around on your account apge and there is an option to insert your forum username and email adress used here.

If you don't have an account with Scan, make one then do as above... :p

6. guysy1110

Cheers everyone, both look good, yeah i dont do anything other than browsing and watching films, wasnt sure about passive, i like my pc quiet...

was currently running arctic cooler pro7 i think(?) and zalman cooler on the cpu, both very quiet... if i go passive ill probably need a noisy extraction fan... suppose i can find somthing quiet 120mm etc... just keeping noise down.

Anything i buy ill probably look into a aftermarket quiet fan, maybe be able to swap the zalman over, who knows!

7. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

whats your case ?

i run passively cool 8400GS in systems with only a single 120mm extraction and ive never had an overheating issue

8. guysy1110

Antec P182, yeah tbh i could probably run a passivly cooled GPU the arctic cooler and a 120mm extratcion fan, could be a nice quiet set up because the zalman is only a 60 or 80mm and can be a tad noisy...

Its just my pcs in my room and i have to have it silent to sleep, and it gets left on some nights..