1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics "Blurry" Graphics?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arrowswake, 7 Aug 2004.

1. arrowswake

arrowswake What's a Dremel?

I don't know if this is the place to post this or not, but I figure I'll give it a shot. My girlfriend's laptop is a Dell Inspiron 600m, and she's been having lots of problems with graphics being blurry. Text is perfectly crisp, but any kind of image, be it desktop wallpaper, icons, even the little smileys to the right of the "Post thread" text box, they're pixellated, and we don't know why... The graphics card is a Radeon Mobility 9000 if it makes any difference.

I seem to remember other laptops having this issue at some point, I just don't remember which ones / how it was fixed. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

If people need an example, just tell me, and I'll post a print screen or something, though I don't know if it would still show up as blurry on your computers...

2. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

reinstall drivers?

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Well laptops (or any LCDs) need to be run at their native resolution, or else it will get distorted. Kinda blurry. It's what happens when you can't divide a pixel in half so some pixels get stretched over two.

Also make sure it's in 32bit color. I thought my EPIA board had messed up video but I found it was just set to 16bit for some odd reason, changed it and it's fine.

Tags: