1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress System One

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KrunchR, 15 Nov 2012.

1. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

The following was posted on a website I found by accident, whilst searching for an inspiration for an idea I had. I copied as much as possible to an external hard drive.

The website seems to have gone now.

:::--///system boot\\\--:::
    ::::loading personal diary::::
    ---------Begin typing when ready--------

My first day.

My first day hasn't been too bad. Better than expected, I didn't blow anything up or accidentally knock over a £5million alpha project.

It's seems I've been stuck with Prof. Knut. He seems a genuinely nice person, if a little.....insecure? The first thing he asked me was wether I had seen anyone suspicious hanging around his office. I told him everyone here acted suspicious, it's a 100 year old top secret facility in the middle of a mountain in god knows what country.

As I type this I wonder how much of an aid this "create a diary" will help with having no contact with anyone outside of this facility. Sure there are nice people here, a football pitch, games rooms and I think I overheard someone say there was a fishing lake?! But it's not like home. Sure, they have tried, it just looks like a normal city with buildings.....just hidden in a huge mountain. If you can forget that fact, then sure, it is just like home.

Anyway,

Since no one will ever read this I guess I would be ok to post a few progress pics of the new system being built...I say "new" it's actually just a redesign and a few aesthetic touches, really. I don't know whether it will be released for active duty when finished, or just left to rot. Budget is tight I'm told so we will be using donor parts for the most part.

The old girl:
    [​IMG]

The "knuckle duster" she was nicknamed. I can see why. Hard as nails she was. It's a shame to be tearing her apart, really....

She was full of dirt, but her heart was still strong:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prof. Knut has been busy working on the casing for the new system:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He didn't like me taking photos, tried to knock my hand, got a blurry shot. I told him it doesn't matter if I take photos, I can't upload them to anything but my personal system. There is no way for them to get out of this facility. He mumbled something an wandered off. I'll get a few better pics tomorrow when "the Knut" has his morning tea. Well, as best I can. I bought my phone with me, but it seems this facility is quite advanced, you wouldn't guess it by the decor. I can't get a signal at all. So I can only use it as a camera.

That's all I have done for today, I think Prof. Knut wants to go golf tomorrow. That I have to see. Oh and he told me the project name for the new build:-

System One.

::::system shutdown::::

-off.

2. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

Another busy few weeks, I haven't really been keeping up with this "Diary". I though it would be easier than it actually is, here. I thought with all the money "They" have spent making this place look and feel relatively normal, I might just feel more at home after a while. Something just doesn't quite sit right with me and my new "home". It's nice and all, but, the people keep to themselves and I can't quite put the fact we are under 24hr surveillance to the back of my mind.

Anywho, another small update on System One. We have been busy with other projects for us to make any real head way with One.

We have got the external passive coolers mounted, though.

[​IMG]

I attached a front panel

[​IMG]

It needed modifying to remove the side, as though it did fit for functionality as a switch plate, it wasn't quite necessary.

[​IMG]

I'm gonna spice this up a little, I'm gonna go for a sci-fi look. I might be in a top secret facility, but I think it won't be just me who finds this ironic...

[​IMG]

That's all I have today.

-off.

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

This looks like a really cool industrial style mod! I also LOVE the way you post these updates, I look forward to more! :thumb:

4. Ra6

Ra6 What's a Dremel?

Passive rads? I LOVE PASSIVE RADS!
    OMFG!

5. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys! Need to post another update....

6. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

It's been awhile.

No one was around much today. Lots of people are having to update their training for emergencies in the facility. I didn't have to do mine, as I have only been here a few months. Feels a lot longer than that.

Me and the Prof have become better friends, he can almost be fun at times. I swear the guy is like a statue, no emotion at all for the most part. Unless somebody has been in our workshop, snooping around. Then he gets all angry. Its funny to think this guy is in his eighties, but can still throw a chair across a room! " these roided up guards! Always with the touching my workshop equipment. Like they even understand how to use them!" He shouted yesterday.

Security is always on top of us. Making sure we clock in and out correctly. I wonder why that matters so much. It's not like they don't know where we are every minute of the day, with these cameras.

I finally found a group of people I can relate to, so I guess that is a bonus. I went down to the local fitness centre and almost died, they were having a right old chuckle at me. A group of 3, two guys and a lovely women. I can't quite remember their names, but hers, hers I will never forget!....

Anyway, I guess I should continue with this "Diary" I have going with System One.

I spent half a day trying to repair the old laser cutter for the front panel...couldn't get it right. Knut eventually lost his cool and told me to just do it by hand...I guess my employers need to scrimp from time to time!

So I went from this

[​IMG]

To this, in around 30 minutes.

[​IMG]

Needs tidying up and squaring off, but I think I like it. It's by no means finished yet, though!

I next added a little hex mesh we had hanging around.

[​IMG]

The packaging says it was shipped from Minnesota, a long time ago...Knut says it needs something or other as well, behind both the front panel and the mesh. I wasn't quite listening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also found a better fitting reservoir for the cooling system. Just needs mounting in the chassis

[​IMG]

I guess I'm gonna call it a night at that....

I think I'm actually starting to enjoy this place a little more each day...that does surprise me.

Man I need a beer.

-off.

dark_avenger likes this.
  7. dotdrew

dotdrew What's a Dremel?

Liking the industrial style, very Dead Space kind of shapes. Look forward to seeing more!

8. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

Thank you dotdrew!

9. Baguette

Baguette What's a Dremel?

This is hitting all the right buttons for me :O Keep up this fine crafting work!