1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays I need a new monitor!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matt_lumley, 16 Oct 2011.

1. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

Hey guys,

So far my PC (in my sig) is awesome, handles everything I throw at it, unfortunately it is connected to a 32" 1080p Sharp TV.

I know this isnt doing my PC its best potential and also i'm going to university in a years time and wont be able to take my TV, this means I need to take a monitor.

I'm looking for anything up to £200 but preferably under which I will most likely get for christmas.

It needs to be 1080P plus, 22"-30", affordable, not too strenuous on my GPU and Good looking!

So far I have been looking at the 24" dell such as the U2410 but is very expensive and way over budget. What can we find?

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

3. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I can't argue with the above advice. For the money, that would be your best bet.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

That the monitor that i have, really a brilliant monitor, great picture and a good price!

Sent from Bittech Android app

6. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Just bought one of them yesterday, and I couldn't be happier with it. Not quite as bright as I am used to, but the picture quality, clarity, and overall look more than make up for that. If you don't buy one, you're wasting your money.

Correction: I bought a slightly different panel IPS236V-PN, but there really isn't any difference between the two.

7. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

I have the LG IPS231P also. Its an AMAZING monitor. I love it. Makes so much better than the good Samusng TN monitors we have at home. They were good yes, but this is so much better!!

The difference with the LG 236V is you get a slightly nicer looking-ish stand, but you get less customisation with the monitor adjustments and leads.

8. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

Cheers guys that's awesome! Definitely an option, although was sort if hoping for something x 1200 resolution just for the screen real estate, any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

9. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Think you'd have to up your budget or go second hand if you wanted that....something like a dell U2412m at around £300 new