1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Corsair 900D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dead beat, 3 Oct 2012.

1. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Does anybody happen to know anything about this?......ballpark release date etc?

I know Corsair are very tight on releasing information about products they are currently developing, but there seem to have been some leaks about this case. Here is one of the links......

http://wccftech.com/corsair-900d-godzilla-full-tower-chassis-leaked/

If it looks like that and can house a pair of 360/480mm radiators, I will definitely be buying one. The only thing lacking on the 800D was space for radiators.

2. suragh

suragh Derp

Pretty good looking case, digging the side panel's window! The designs of the All in one CPU cooling kits also! They look much better tbh.

3. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

So im getting rid of my 800D because its massive, then they release a bigger one, make it out of aluminium and it will be epic..but they wont, it will be steel like my 800D and weigh an absolute ton !

4. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

I expect this is true, but it will still be epic. Weight is not a concern for me.

5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Even larger than the 800D?

LOL! The original wasn't really suited for water cooling either, so there just never was any real use for all that space.

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I love the weight in my 800D. Knowing that I could hurl it at the wall and it would have an effect makes me smile for some reason.

Loads of empty space in my 800D, so I'll be sticking with it, but the 900D does look very nice indeed.

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The heavier a case the better as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to see the thieves that could lug my fully watercooled Arc Midi up and down the stairs, weighs an absolute ton!

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Not really suited for WC? 360mm roof, 140mm rear exhaust and 240mm in the floor all without getting a dremel out isn't really falling into the not suitable category. :p

Besides, some of us buy cases to fill a space, rather than to fill with hardware. :)

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Aye, it's 15Kg empty and then throw in all the components and it's probably comfortably over 20kg.

I love it though, sturdy, quiet, spectacular to look at. I'm still trying to get a 700D side panel to mod though. Just so damn expensive.

10. Jipa

And where is all that air coming in from? Where ever it is, there isn't really going to be dust filters.

I liked the case (yes, I had it, otherwise I wouldn't be commenting on it, duh) and it just made no sense. If you have an enormous motherboard, five 5,25" devices and NEED to hot swap your HDD, it makes sense, but other than that it's just an enormous case that costs too much and comes with a side window - want it or not.

11. karlpox

karlpox What's a Dremel?

the 800D still looks better.

12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I think that looks awesome! Want!

13. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I still think the 700D is the best looking corsair case. The mid tower in that leak looks quite pretty in a fridgy sort of way.

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I see what you mean, but dust is always a problem in a case with decent airflow.

Also, see 700D for less tinsel. :p

15. Jay88018

Jay88018 What's a Dremel?

Im sure if you can afford a £200 case, you could afford a few dust filters for your fans.

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Looks like I have a replacement for my Elysium :D

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I always found the best way toi stop dust is with a set of woman's tights...

Just cut out some sections, stretch over the fans and secure, and you're aces.

18. Jipa

Missing the point there... The ventilation just doesn't make sense, no matter how many filters you add.

(Just for extra clarification: I've owned a D800, I'm not just jealous or whatnot)

Works, but doesn't really look good or make it easy to maintain.

19. Jay88018

Jay88018 What's a Dremel?

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I love the shape of it, but I have been wanting to make my own custom window with backlit acrylic lettering on it. Think I have an image of what I had planned here somewhere...

Found it...

[​IMG]