1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards P5G mouse and keyboard freeze problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by steelblade, 9 Nov 2008.

1. steelblade

steelblade What's a Dremel?

Ive been reading up a little on the asus P5Q mobo's and its variations - ive seen a few people complain of freezing up etc... mentioned here and several other places

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/253406-12-build-issue-random-lockups

I was wondering if anyone here has had such issues? As i was considering purchasing this board until reading this... really dont want to have to faff around :(

If there is a problem, baring in mind I might try putting together a setup with 8gb of (cheap ocz) ram what MoBo would you recomend?

Last edited: 9 Nov 2008
  2. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

I have just built a rig with a p5q-e and I have had no issues with it.

3. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

I've got a P5Q Pro system with 4x2GB Corsair 800MHz CL4 RAM. Q9550 @ 3.4GHz.

No problems (so far).

The only thing that is bad is that the temperature sensors are calibrated totally wrong. Sometimes the "mobo" temp reads <10C, and sometimes playing a game it goes up to >140C.

That really isn't the real temp as it can never go below ambient, and when it reads >100C the northbridge cooler still touchable.

edit: I've heard that you shouldn't update the BIOS because the newer versions have some problems.

4. steelblade

Thanks for the info - gosh 140C thats a tad over the top lol. I best do a bit more reading. Might post another question in a while when ive read a little more.

ta again.

5. steelblade

Oh I ment to ask - did you buy that ram all in one pack... or 2 sets of 2x2gb

Do you think that loosing 'duel channel' (As you are using all 4 slots) is worth it for the extra ram capacity ... in terms of performance?

6. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

I bought two 2x2GB packs.

And you don't loose dual channel with four sticks.

7. steelblade

ah right ive learned something else there then lol - I must have read that somewhere and miss interpreted it doh!!...

More food for thought