1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec ISK600 Mini-ITX Case Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 4 Apr 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Ljs

Ljs Modder

It looks pretty decent but I don't get these 'shoe box' style cases at all, they need to stand up so they take up more vertical space rather than desk space and the only people that seem to have thought of that really are Silverstone.

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Problem is the I/O. I don't like the top-facing I/O at all for example but prefer them to face to the back, where the cables are then hanging down from and behind the desk, out of the view and out of the way.

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I think they're easier to work with than the likes of the SG03 and FT03 mini - the PSU in the SG03 covers the motherboard which can be a pain. Also, they're more designed to fit in a recess in a desk, perhaps under a hutch or book shelf, rather than sit in valuable desk space, or as an HTPC in a TV cabinet - there's an Elite 120 in mine as nothing else fits!

5. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Yes I agree it does make sense to have the I/O at the back, but given how small an m-ITX motherboard is, it is possible to have both.

I've never actually played with them hands on but I can imagine that. I'm just being selfish and thinking about what I'd want rather then what sells (and they probably know their market better than me).

Tags: Add Tags