1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News World of Tanks offering discounts to celebrate anniversary

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 12 Apr 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Hack'n'Slash

Hack'n'Slash Minimodder

Wow, a full page advert and it managed to get past my Adblock & NoScript!

I started playing WoT in the early closed beta stage, I finally quit playing at the start of this year after an ever increasing influx of lead paint eating, window licking m0's, and it's always exacerbated by these "specials"!

I'm not alone in these sentiments either, there's quite a few long standing players out there that love the game but hate the majority of newer player, which is a shame. :sigh:

3. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

One of the reasons I don't play anymore. Though resting on their laurels too much and not varying the gameplay is also a major problem.

4. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

The matchmaker, spotting and shot pen system all need reworking in this game. They also need to stop lying to players in their so-called "guide" videos.

5. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

game definitely needs bigger maps(especially for higher tiers), which is problem due current engine. MM still sux. There should be mode for experienced players only, lets say 7k battles/win ratio over 50%, cause there's nothing worse than Lowe player with 200 battles count overall.

6. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

I'm still playing but I accept all that's written above. However, it is a "free" game, and as these things get more popular you always find the player profile changes. This weekend I watched two players on my side just sit and shoot at each other which was immensely frustrating for the whole team.

Just as an aside - playing at Tier 2 and 3 is much more fun than playing at Tier 7 or 8.

WoT is probably the only game I regularly play that's not on a tablet...

7. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I'll miss out on this special as I've just moved house and I'm still waiting on my phone line :(
    I've only been playing a few months now but have to agree with most of the comments above about spoiling of our games. The odd tank destroying his own team mates etc. and recently I've had a few tanks barging me out into the open just when I've found a nice spot of cover or good firing place. Having said that, there have been a (too) few occassions where I've seen great team players and have been happy to follow them or work with them in battle.

Despite having collected a good amount of silver I only have up to tier 2 tanks so only battling up to tier 3 tanks and maps. If I'm honest though, I'm still happiest on tier 1 though and have no real incentive to progress, other than map variety.

The only reason I would actually put money in would be to increase garage slots to get some more tier 2/3 tanks. Ultimately I'd like to get the T34, but it's not so compelling that want to get up there now.

8. Risky

Risky Modder

I'd agree that garage slots are the only thing that you really need to get you r credit card out for. However if you liek the game you'll probably be tempted by a few premium tanks and some camo. The big gold spend is pay-2-rush stuff for the impatient.

Btw if you are playing WoT there is a fairly active thread here http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=183455

9. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

As a player with almost 10,000 battles, I'd say that the great thing about the tanks is that you can find one that matches your playing style...

Tags: Add Tags