1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel Ivy Bridge Z77/H77 motherboards announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 9 Apr 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. TigerClose

TigerClose What's a Dremel?

When will be released 8 dimms slots of Intel Ivy Bridge Z77/H77 motherboards - haven´t seen yet???

It's very frustrating buying o top motherboard model with just 4 dimms, isn´t it???

There's no quad channel motherboards yet of this new chipset???

3. misterd77

misterd77 What's a Dremel?

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

No processors makes this a relatively boring launch.

5. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

They've been released.. Not just announced..

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Yesterday

7. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

They have been available for purchase and in stock for some days now, at least they have in Denmark.

8. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Been announced? You could buy them on Saturday in Scan.

9. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

Been on sale in New Zealand for a long time. You forgot to mention every single other manufacturer having the specs on their site. Including ASUS and MSI. Cant be bothered looking for more.

10. Kruelnesws

Kruelnesws What's a Dremel?

EVGA also has their Cheesecake version already to pre-order on the website

11. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Still can't believe the gag Doc Overclock pulled off on us...

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If you're wondering why the article says "announced" and not "released," and why only two manufacturers were listed: this piece was written on Friday, before the release and before other manufacturers' announcements, but was only published on Monday due to the bank holiday.

13. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

remember when bit -tech used to be a good website?

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i feel the urge to say "it's a trap!".

:lol:

the lack of Displayport on cheaper boards is very disappointing. i was hoping to pick up a £100 board with displayport to use the Virtu's features.

15. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Apologies for the stupid question, but the 2500K is a second gen core processor, and so is compatible with the 77 chipset, is it not?

16. trig

trig god's little mistake

^^ yes

17. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Cool. My MoBo has been slowly conking out over the past year, and I don't want to change the CPU as well...

18. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Well, that's a good analysis of what went wrong, but it really doesn't fix the problem of Bit being notoriously late with articles like these...
    How can a tech site let written articles with a shelflife measured in hours so regularly be days behind the others?

Oh well, this wasn't all that high on the wishlist we gave the new editor (whatshisface, can't come to the name now), and there IS noticable improvement on the modding and other content. I just hope this long article-postage-pipeline-procedure-paininthearse gets shortened soon, it must be frustrating for you guys too.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You're entitled to your opinion, naturally, but the majority of articles are published within hours of being written. This was an exception, due to the bank holiday. As a matter of fact the three articles posted on Monday were, technically, freebies, as they were written on Good Friday and published on Easter Monday - both bank holidays for which nobody gets paid. Least of all me.

People are quick to notice the stories that are 'behind the others,' but slow to praise when stories are posted significantly before anywhere else. Take the BBC Micro project, which was published here before any other site in the world. How about TSMC's 28nm problems? Sure, the *rumours* were published elsewhere, but - to my knowledge - we were the first site to actually get confirmation from TSMC that there really *is* a problem at 28nm. Other stories, like the Fallout: Lanius fan-film, Notch's 0x10c, the government's plans for internet snooping and our coverage of GAME Group's fall and rise have also been pretty on-the-ball.

I regularly see stories pop up in my RSS feeds from other sites which I've covered days, and sometimes up to a week, prior. Sure, some of the stories are fresher than others - news that broke in the US, in particular, will be anything up to twelve or twenty-four hours old by the time I cover it - but that's the nature of the beast. I'm a freelancer dividing his time between multiple clients, and I don't work 24 hours a day - nor do I want to.

At the end of the day, however, bit-tech has a single part-time freelance news guy with a hundred and one other clients - me. Comparing coverage to other sites which have a dozen or so full-time reporters offering round-the-clock coverage is disingenuous and, for the people who try their damndest for the site, disheartening.

The usual disclaimer about these opinions being my own and not my employer's - or, more accurately, client's - applies.

20. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Tags: Add Tags