1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam What game are you loving right now & why?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Porkins' Wingman, 12 May 2012.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

This will be a dead thread to many but I can't help myself from posting. I've been playing this recently and have gotten more in to it than when I first got it (it keeps crashing when I use my sniper on full zoom to shoot someone in the face and I didn't realise that was triggering it so got pissed off for a while).

This game was firstly a disappointment to me because it seems so much like GTA:III to me in gameplay, and GTA:III just got boring and repetitive to me, but now I just can't get enough of the thrill of killing cops and innocent people again. I love how riding the motorbikes is so entertaining and yet ultimately always ends in me dying and having to restart a mission - this should piss me off but I just can't stop myself - I burn around the bike and inevitably sooner or later wipeout big time in the road. I get up to go get back on the bike and someone drives into me. I'm Nico Bellic... I'm not just gonna take that, am I? So I shoot the mutha£ucka in the head repeatedly until I think we're even. Then the cops are out for me so I have to jump back on the bike and push the limits of physics whilst evading police cars. Inevitably I fall off somewhere and have to gun down a few coppers to buy enough time to get back on the bike. Thus increasing my 'wanted' level and therefore increasing my chances of further motorbike accidents until I die, and then I start the fun all over again. I just can't help myself.

They were just talking on the radio about re-opening one of the bridges in the city and a copper gave a soundbite along the lines of "We were pushing for a 24 hour curfew and instead they've gone and made the city free-er than it was before. It drives me so mad I wanna go and beat the **** outta someone!" - It is now my aim to find that copper, laugh in his face, before I melt said face with my SMG. As I don't actually know which copper said it I'm just going to have to kill every one of them I see :cooldude: I love how the game promotes hatred of the police.

It is also going to be my aim to try and drag the innocent owner of a vehicle, who has the temerity to try and stop me from carjacking them, from one side of the city to the other while they dangle from the door handle. Upon our arrival I will get out of the car and beat the **** out of the corpse I hope to have created. Let's see him make his way home after that :clap:

And don't even get me started on the fun of trying to handbrake turn so that my car comes to rest over a water hydrant.

The only disappointment at the moment is there doesn't seem to be any grannies I can kick the crap out of like there were in GTA:III :miffed:

Please do us all a favour and don't misinterpret any of the above as anything other than some harmless fun, and please don't alert the authorities :worried:

Last edited: 12 May 2012
  2. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

:jawdrop:

Jokes aside, GTA IV is a fantastic game.

At the moment, I've became highly immersed in Oblivion. Dear god that's a great game.

3. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

For me it's Skyrim and Dead Island.

4. Porkins' Wingman

Sorry boys, I'm not feelin the love. Sell it to me.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

would love to play GTA4 as iv got the 2 expansions but cant play them because they dont run on my computer for what ever reason.

6. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Anno 2070. Sheer joy of working out a really complex trading route that satisfies all the needs of your popula- OH GOD WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE CHAMPAGNE SUPPLY!

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I've been playing Skyrim again after a few months off it, I was luving it but it's getting far too easy now I've passed a certain level of experience. Even so, stealthy kills with Mehrunes' Razor never gets old. Makes me feel badass.:D

8. Porkins' Wingman

Now that is selling it :thumb:

The rest of you need to up your game. Thread title edited to make this clearer.

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

For me it's got to be 'Take On Helicopters Rearmed'. Regardless of the endless arguments as to whether this is a helicopter sim or not a helicopter sim I just can't get over the feeling I get flying around in light helicopter on some of the sumptuous Arma community islands.

2560x1600 and some Track-Ir goodness and I am lost in the skies!

Exploring Lingor Island is just one of the things I am currently loving...

10. Xthlon

Xthlon What's a Dremel?

Shoot Many Robots :D

11. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Skyrim, just for the sheer craziness that the game possesses. Personally; going Mage and Heavy Armour has some interesting benefits, the first being that I can just sponge so much.

Then there's the fun of seeing in what creative ways you can kill people, freeze them solid, then ice-bolt them a couple of times for an Innovative art structure?

Go full rogue and sneak everywhere (Muffle spell is Op), enjoy the fun of the high-level pickpocket abilities, (Seriously, pickpocket someone's weapon OUT OF THEIR HAND. Occasinally IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT.)

Or go full Two-handed and have fun just beating stuff to death with a mallet the size of a small moon. There's just enough variation to keep it fun!

12. Porkins' Wingman

Well if you're in to helicopters I can see some mileage in it but it looks a total yawnfest to me - don't they even give you a gun :sigh: ? But thanks for illustrating your point.

:rolleyes: Despite some of the 'why?' clearly being in the game title... must try harder.

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Some have guns, yes. I guess it is not everybody's cup of tea. Still, Skyrim and GTA-IV are also very good games even with the lack of rotary aircraft.

14. Porkins' Wingman

:eek: Thank god for that!

And GTA:IV most definitely does have a helicopter aspect to it :p

15. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Right now Batman Arkham city the graphics are incredible the animations for catwoman I could watch all day.

I really enjoy the challenge maps as much as the main game.

(Do you ever get the feeling the original poster is not interested in replys and just wanted to type a wall of text about a game he likes at the moment, perhaps get a blog or something?)

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

thats not selling it, this is selling it.

17. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

That still doesn't capture the absolute panic when something goes horribly wrong in a city - like a main cargo vessel being attacked and sunk. Or an oil rig exploding and causing black tide on an island, with devastating effects on food production. Followed by a mass emigration, and the luck of the draw to have an ultimatum sent at that particular time.

What that vid does capture is that Anno 2070 is stunningly beautiful. And the fact that Gunsmith is better at it than me :(

Another game I am 'luvin' right now is Gmod 13 + Wiremod. TBH, Wiremod is a game in its own right, and some of the things you can do with it are mind blowing.

18. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I've gone nostalgic. Playing "Neverwinter Nights" properly for the first time after having bought it on GOG. :thumb:

Tribble likes this.
  19. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Just fired up GTA4 last night, lost and the damned which is the motorcycle club DLC, previously played GTA4 on PS3, this is much better on PC, higher quality, great framerate, much nicer to play.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

just takes practice man :thumb:

[​IMG]