1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Herbalife suing twitter

Discussion in 'General' started by Harlequin, 22 Jul 2015.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/herbalife...ation-twitter-064759590--finance.html#bM51PW2

its not the first time a company has sued over defamation - pprune has been seud over comments made about a certain irish registered airline before

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

So somebody calls a company a bully, and they respond by...bullying?

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Pretty much, though you have to wonder why they are taking this step bar the fact there are people with a negative view or experience.
    Can you imagine say Toyota taking legal action over someone who said they dont like their cars because they shut their hand in one in the past. Its along the same ilk.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Eugh, these lawsuits are such ****.

"How dare you not like our company and tell people about it!"

Pathetic. Might as well start suing me for not liking a whole bunch of things and sparing no rod when talking about them.

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Hasn't Herbalife been exposed before with regards to operating like a pyramid scam? Might have been a while back but I'm sure I read something about it somewhere.

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I wouldn't touch Herbalife with a bargepole. I applied for a job a few years ago, before I'd even heard of Herbalife, and it turned out to be their weight loss crap that was behind the so-called "health and nutrition advisor" job title.

The reason I applied for the job is because of my experience with weight training/personal fitness; at that point in time I would have quite liked a job in that field. The dude who interviewed me offered me "fat-burning tea" and I about died on the spot, unable to conceal my laughter. From that point onward he was trying desperately (and irately) to convince me that Herbalife was a viable substitute for a balanced food diet (yes, you read that right), at which point I just left. What an utter ****.

Oh, and if you want a job with Herbalife, you have to buy their product first. For £100 or something. LOL.

To be honest, it might have been me who defamed them on Twitter. Crooked b*stards the lot of them.

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

SShhhhh, do you want them to sue bit tech aswell now? :D

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Well, you have my blessing to keep slagging them off.

9. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Minimodder

Another idiot 'cleansing' or 'diet' juice company? they only survive by sad people who are duped into thinking they are good for you and will work long term. The moment you stop them you'll put weight back on unless you also change your lifestyle, which is where you'd be better saving your money and spending it on Slimming World or Weight Watchers. They do work (SW/WW) at least, as I've lost 5 stone since starting SW via a GP referral, these juice diet crap things would not have achieved that.

10. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Many many years ago, before she was ex my wife went to one of their sales convention type things and dragged me along. It was pyramid selling, without question and they didn't even bother hiding it. The stuff is shite and for the people trying to lose weight it was just an expensive con. The only success story I heard 1st hand was somebody who was suffering with ME and wasn't eating properly. They ate it as a supplement and actually put some weight on.