1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASUS Transformer Book T100HA issues... (UPDATED 19/05/16)

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by SchizoFrog, 23 Apr 2016.

1. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 19 May 2016
  2. Ant.ASUS

Ant.ASUS What's a Dremel?

Hi!
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Transformers - I've heard of no QC issues so it seems you've just been very unlucky.

Nonetheless, you might want to check out this:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/703913-asus-t300chi-ms-transformer-book-t300chi-ms-fl097h
    It's a bit over 300 but considerably more powerful than the other Transformer Books

The PC world rep I think was unjustified with his hatred of Atoms - they're decent cpus for the price, and the one in the T100HA is by no means a bottom-of-the-range Atom!

3. SchizoFrog

Thanks for that. The 'Chi' I had seen was over £500... but even at £380 it is more than double the £175 I managed to get the T100HA 64GB for. Hopefully things will work out but if not then I will hopefully be able to go for the Chi instead... At that price though I don't think they'll stick around long.

4. SchizoFrog

Just an update to my situation with the T100HA.
    I received my device from Amazon and all seemed well as I updated it to the latest version of Windows 10. I have installed a few basic pieces of software as well as MS Office but that is it as there isn't much room. I have also added a 128GB micro SD card for extra storage...

...but this is where the problems start. At this point I have barely used the device as it was meant as a travel companion but I am finding multiple issues:

1: Once Windows has started and nothing is running, it takes approximately 4-5 seconds for even 'This PC' to open Explorer, which seems ridiculously slow.

2: The battery randomly drains to zero power and won't turn on even when the device has been 'Shut Down' and is not in 'Sleep' mode.

3: The battery seems to take an age to charge and it is at least 30mins from dead until the device will turn on once it has been plugged in.

4: Trying to copy files such as music or movies from a selection of devices to both the system storage and/or the SD card is causing 'The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error' messages.

5: Copying files has even led to Blue Screen restarts.

As such, that with these ongoing issues and the fact that this is my third device I have come to the conclusion that this model SUCKS and has really hurt my confidence with ASUS. Over the next couple of days I will contact Amazon regarding a possible return (of the case too I hope) and a refund. I just wanted to update my experience here... and I will update as to Amazon's response.