1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Your Best Purchase

Discussion in 'General' started by bsp, 25 Apr 2012.

1. bsp

bsp Minimodder

What has been the single best purchase of your life?

What one thing have you brought that has benefitted you (or at least made you the most happy).

It doesn't neccessarily have to be very expensive or good value for money.

For me - I think it's got to be my 24" monitor. Pretty common these days, but I brought mine a few years ago and prices are still a touch over half what I paid.

It's made me happy - I can watch movies with people on it and the real estate makes it very handy for doing various things I stuggle with on smaller screens.

So... tell me your stories :)

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I take alot of my stuff for granted tbh i would probebly say....

My spotify premium subscription and devices that support offline mode :D

Im lost without music and £10 to have access to 13million albums is brilliant

3. asmo

asmo What's a Dremel?

The purchase I'm most smug about atm is my new MOMO9 tablet which is running the latest ICS and cost me £85, its ruined more expensive tablets for me.

I wouldn't say the best purchase of my life but certainly my best recent purchase.

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

A brand new Ford Mustang GT; had it for over 5 years now and I still grin like a lunatic every time I climb in it and hear that V8 fire up. I'll see if I can dig up the review I wrote for Mustang Round Up... it sums up how it makes me feel very nicely.

[​IMG]

followed by my Eizo 30" monitor. The difference between this and the equivalent Dell offering is astounding.

Last edited: 25 Apr 2012
  5. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Probably my Amiga1000.

Whilst there have been other nice purchases, this was the only purchase i think i really got excited about as it was revolutanary in its time.

Now any other pc purchase(now i use ibm clone, compilation of third party bits) is more of a "Its just another bit for my pc" and i dont tend to get excited about pc stuff anymore.

6. Dewi

Dewi What's a Dremel?

My trusty PSION 7... One of the best keyboards I ever typed on, instant on/off, a battery life that has only been equalled by laptops in the last few years.

Took my through my A-Levels, Degree and Postgraduate as my main note taking and writing up in the library computer.

Years ahead of its time, and an important lesson for companies that skip innocuous features to save costs in the short term

7. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

It's a tough one. Many things have come and gone, and many of those have been life changing in one way or another. I think the most important/best may well be the PS2 all those years ago. It was the thing to really get my interest in gaming going, and had so many classic titles of a quality that just seems unmatched now.

Only problem is I didn't buy it personally as I was too young at the time, and it wasn't really mine, but shared between the family (inc my two older brothers).

So, if it was something that I personally bought, probably my 3007WFP-HC. Or World of Tanks, given how much time I've shoved into that...

8. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

My sister's horse, as it brought her so much joy and the rest of my family aren't as succesful as I,

But for myself, probably my kindle. I spend more time on this than a lot of computers.

9. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Damn, has to be my Phenom X6 and Asus board, first computer I ever built, and of course, they're still in use.
    And also my U23, the switch to IPS is unbelievable!

10. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Has to be my iPad :)

11. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

My dogs.

12. Matticus

Matticus ...

It has to be mine and my girlfriends apartment.

The next big thing will be a house, then this fella will become a nice rental property. Just need to make sure I have enough for a deposit in about 5 years time.

On a tech related note I think the best thing I have bought is an SSD. It has made the biggest single difference to my computing experience and re-sparked my interest in hardware after it started to drop.

13. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

My Toshiba Thrive. New $400, got it for $250.

Oh, the features of it OOTB!

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ignoring the craapy picture quality I'm going to have to be slighty boring and say these bookcases (for there are two). No single item of furniture I've even owned has been as functional or useful. They're a foot deep, there's a layer of VHS behind those books and the other one is also top to bottom with books. They also look fairly nice and, being solid oak, give off a lovely oaky smell, even 8 years after getting them :) They are, however, seriously ****ing heavy!

[​IMG]

15. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

I would have to say my youngster she is now 4 i purchased as a yearling from a person that was running a stud, she is cute if you sit down in her field she will come and lay with you, yes she is a special one. I do natural horsemanship and i have owned many horses since a child they sort of run in the family, ssshhhh the most i've owned at one time is 4 and it is time consuming so now i just have one.

I think she may kill me this summer :D :thumb:

16. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

My old hd 4850 1gb form gigabyte best value card ever,,,

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Probably my Amiga 1200. I got so much pleasure and fun from it over the years. I've still got it and it still works. Cracking purchase.

I can't claim all the credit though. The money was a gift from my grandma, and my sister was the one who actually went and looked into what was a good gaming system. Think I was 12 at the time.

18. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Well, not MY best purchase (my brother's), but we got a 40" Samsung LED TV RV $2000 for $600.

19. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Off the top of my head, probably my Kindle.

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

My bike
    [​IMG]

Currently for sale.