1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Looking for material advice.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 30 Jul 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

My good lady has to sit whilst showering nowadays so I have bought a seat and also another caddy for shampoos ETC. But this caddy http://www.amazon.co.uk/Luxxur-Supe...&qid=1438271656&sr=1-26&keywords=Shower+caddy Is actually pretty rubbish of having things standing upright in it.

So am looking to cover the bottom of the caddy with either something solid with loads or holes or something soft but porous. Usually pretty good at house related mods but this has me beat at the moment. I do have a bit of acrylic but cutting it will be an issue.

Any suggestions. Ideally something easily worked be it solid or soft.

2. wst

wst Minimodder

How about a cheap bathroom sponge? Slice it with a bread knife to the desired thickness and shape.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Would that support these bottles which are now for the most part very slender with not much of a footprint? Worth a try though as sponges I have a plenty.

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I wouldn't use a sponge. After the shower the sponge will remain saturated, and it will promote mildew growth inside all the little pores. If you're looking for something solid to place bottles, you might try lining the bottom with a small piece of plastic that is designed for wet environments - such as a cutting board.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I also have a chopping board, I assume that is what you meant, going spare as she has just had me buy a granite board in preparation for the new kitchen being installed next month.

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have a bit of this but it is not really going to be stiff enough. By the way the stuff is rubbish for stopping mats sliding on carpets.

8. asura

asura jack of all trades

Some thick-ish neoprene?

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

10. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I like the chopping board trimmed down the right size idea. You can then always pop it out every now and then and give it a soak in bleach to keep it clean.

A hacksaw would cut it easily enough.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I think I'll go raking about my local pound shop and get a selection of products to attempt to make something useful.
    Thanks all for your suggestions.

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Why do I keep reading this thread title as "Looking for marital advice"?

Chopping board sounds good but they're pretty slippery, if it's not perfectly level I think you might have bother.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Got 4 large vinyl tiles from the pound shop and a small chopping board cut them to size. Chucked the chopping board bit away because I was not happy with the cut. Used the tile on it's own.sorted.