1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Problems with Abit IN9-32X MAX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Edvuld, 8 Nov 2008.

1. Edvuld

Edvuld Minimodder

I got myself an old 2nd hand one for my fileserver, but it's giving me no end of problems when overclocking.

System components:
    C2D E4300
    Corsair 2x2GB Dominator 8500C4
    Antec NeoHE 430W
    Promise S-ATA PCI Card
    7xHDDs
    1xDVD-RW
    Vista Ultimate SP1 x64

The system is perfectly stable (24hr Prime) when not overclocking and with RAM at 800Mhz 4-4-4-15 2.1V

But as soon as I try to run the RAM at 1067Mhz i get into a lot of trouble. Mainly it starts just at boot with the system beeing unable to recognize any of the HDDs. At that point I have to reset BIOS or I'll get into an endless loop. I've managed to somehow get those RAMs through memtest for 12hrs @1067Mhz, and after that I did Prime for 12 hrs as well, no problems, but as soon as I exited Prime the system just froze.

I experience pretty much the same problems as soon as I try to OC the CPU. Even one single Mhz increase in FSB renders gives me problems, regarding of different voltages. The CPU is good for at least 311x9 @ 1.35v which I ran it for a year in my other rig.

Is there any magical settings on this mobo? There are so many of them... I have tried with both BIOS 14 and 15.

Any help would be appreciated. I guess the board might be damaged somehow, but I can't return it...

Tags: