bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Asus UK

Old 27th Dec 2015, 19:05   #1
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
P8Z68PRO-Gen3 asmedia firmware?

hi I'm having stability issues with newer usb3 drives , specifically 128gb and larger - is there a firmware update available from you for the asmedia usb3 controller which offers better support and stability?
We will remember them
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2015, 15:22   #2
Ryan@ASUS
Minimodder

Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hi there,

Have you tried the latest driver version before considering a firmware upgrade? I believe it's in the realm of 1.16.24.0 at the moment for the 104x ASMedia USB 3.0 controller on Windows 7/8.1 or v1.16.26.1 used on your board. For some reason we don't have these on the product page of the motherboard you use (presumably because compatibility isn't tested as it's so old) but you can grab it off one of the newer motherboards download pages (such as the Z170-A) as I believe these are generic driver install packages (similar to what Realtek does with its HD Audio/Gigabit controllers).

You could also consider checking for the latest driver using the built-in Microsoft Windows driver tool under the device manager tab.

Also consider the latest BIOS version for your board (I believe it's 3603).

To my knowledge we don't support/facilitate flashing of the actual USB 3.0 controller firmware on that motherboard. It seems we provide such function on boards like the P8Z77V-PRO but that only seems to be for Windows 8 specifically, I'm not sure if this tool would work for you or fix the problem.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8...Desk_Download/

That aside I'm not really sure what else to suggest.

Regards

Ryan Martin
Ryan@ASUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2016, 22:08   #3
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
thank you

went to station drivers in the end and got the latest drivers ( 1.16.29.1 ) there is a firmware update (130201) which is newer than the updater you linked to

and yes I'm still having problems (also on the intel usb 2 as well - yet the usb stick works fine on my sons older AMD rig!)

btw theres some newer marvell 91xx drivers on station drivers as well

any ideas?
We will remember them
Old 3rd Jan 2016, 22:58   #4
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

the error on bsod is

driver irql less or not equal usbfilter.sys
We will remember them
Old 4th Jan 2016, 14:10   #5
Ryan@ASUS
Minimodder

Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryan@ASUS is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
usbfilter.sys is an AMD USB Filter driver for AMD motherboard chipsets.

You say you're using the ASUS P8Z68V-PRO motherboard which is an Intel Z68 chipset. Is this a fresh install of Windows or have you changed MB+CPU?

It's possible this BSOD is occurring as a result of some driver/device configuration issues caused by residual files from a previous install.
Old 4th Jan 2016, 17:37   #6
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

you sir are a true star! rep given! yes it was the old AMD driver from 2011!! all fixed (and new drivers too boot from station drivers!)
We will remember them
Old 5th Jan 2016, 09:33   #7
Ryan@ASUS
Minimodder

Excellent news, glad it's been solved
Old 5th Jan 2016, 18:44   #8
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

thank you - although maybe an idea for older boards to maybe host the updated drivers for them?
We will remember them
Old 6th Jan 2016, 11:38   #9
Ryan@ASUS
Minimodder

I can make a request but asking for updated drivers for products that are nearly 5 years old will may get a tepid response.

""technically"" we do host the newer drivers, but under the download sections of newer motherboards, the ASMedia chip hasn't actually changed for newer boards but I agree that it should be easy to get these and that's a rather convoluted way of doing so.