bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Asus UK

Old 23rd Apr 2016, 17:21   #1
SchizoFrog
I *am* a Dremel

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
ASUS Transformer Book T100HA issues... (UPDATED 19/05/16)

Hi.
I am just linking to another thread on this forum as it involves my personal experience of 2 faulty Transformer Book T100HA's.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthrea...03#post4054403

Last edited by SchizoFrog; 19th May 2016 at 21:01.
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2016, 15:58   #2
Ant.ASUS
What's a Dremel?

Ant.ASUS is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnt.ASUS is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnt.ASUS is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnt.ASUS is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnt.ASUS is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnt.ASUS is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnt.ASUS is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnt.ASUS is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnt.ASUS is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnt.ASUS is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnt.ASUS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hi!
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Transformers - I've heard of no QC issues so it seems you've just been very unlucky.

Nonetheless, you might want to check out this:
http://www.ebuyer.com/703913-asus-t3...0chi-ms-fl097h
It's a bit over 300 but considerably more powerful than the other Transformer Books

The PC world rep I think was unjustified with his hatred of Atoms - they're decent cpus for the price, and the one in the T100HA is by no means a bottom-of-the-range Atom!
Ant.ASUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2016, 17:18   #3
SchizoFrog
I *am* a Dremel

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks for that. The 'Chi' I had seen was over 500... but even at 380 it is more than double the 175 I managed to get the T100HA 64GB for. Hopefully things will work out but if not then I will hopefully be able to go for the Chi instead... At that price though I don't think they'll stick around long.

Old 19th May 2016, 21:14   #4
SchizoFrog
I *am* a Dremel

Just an update to my situation with the T100HA.
I received my device from Amazon and all seemed well as I updated it to the latest version of Windows 10. I have installed a few basic pieces of software as well as MS Office but that is it as there isn't much room. I have also added a 128GB micro SD card for extra storage...

...but this is where the problems start. At this point I have barely used the device as it was meant as a travel companion but I am finding multiple issues:

1: Once Windows has started and nothing is running, it takes approximately 4-5 seconds for even 'This PC' to open Explorer, which seems ridiculously slow.

2: The battery randomly drains to zero power and won't turn on even when the device has been 'Shut Down' and is not in 'Sleep' mode.

3: The battery seems to take an age to charge and it is at least 30mins from dead until the device will turn on once it has been plugged in.

4: Trying to copy files such as music or movies from a selection of devices to both the system storage and/or the SD card is causing 'The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error' messages.

5: Copying files has even led to Blue Screen restarts.

As such, that with these ongoing issues and the fact that this is my third device I have come to the conclusion that this model SUCKS and has really hurt my confidence with ASUS. Over the next couple of days I will contact Amazon regarding a possible return (of the case too I hope) and a refund. I just wanted to update my experience here... and I will update as to Amazon's response.