bit-tech.net

Old 29th May 2016, 08:44   #1
DocJonz
Another CPC refugee .....

DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
GTX 1080 PPD

Seems there are some early adopters in the other Folding teams in the US (quicker access to hardware, and better prices than the UK ...), and the numbers look promising - Post by Torin3 - with PPDs between 750-890k

If anyone sees any further PPD figures, or figures for non-Founder Edition cards, or for GTX 1070's in the coming week or so, pop them in this thread.
Old 31st May 2016, 23:18   #2
Christopher N. Lew
Folding in memory of my father

Christopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for president
Thanks for the update.
Old 8th Jun 2016, 23:19   #3
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis
Let us know how ya get on with your 1080 Doc.

I'd guess 1070 will be in the region of 280k to 420k extrapolating the 1080's possible 750k to 890k. Depending on what overclocking is available.

Hopefully see 1070's appearing online soon with estimated prices, but probably around 300 - 400.
Old 9th Jun 2016, 08:04   #4
DocJonz

DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpuk View Post
Let us know how ya get on with your 1080 Doc.
You know me too well

Current plan is to replace my four GTX 780 Ti's with a couple of GTX 1080's - this will lead to less power draw (TDP down to 180W from 250W), fewer cards (and therefore further lowering juice bills), at the same time as increasing PPD. That's a Win-Win-Win in my books
Old 16th Jun 2016, 13:21   #5
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis
Very tempted with the 1080 clown card.

Last edited by Scorpuk; 16th Jun 2016 at 14:55.
Scorpuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2016, 13:20   #6
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

Not sure about either going for 1070 or 1080.

No cheap 1080's now with the clown card rising in price by about 50.
Old 4th Jul 2016, 13:50   #7
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

Some GTX1070 folding figures here:

http://forums.evga.com/GTX-1070-PPD-m2497761-p2.aspx

Quote:
AVG PPD: 569,252
Old 9th Jul 2016, 21:30   #8
piers_newbold
What's a Dremel?

piers_newbold has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
gtx 1080 ppd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJonz View Post
You know me too well

Current plan is to replace my four GTX 780 Ti's with a couple of GTX 1080's - this will lead to less power draw (TDP down to 180W from 250W), fewer cards (and therefore further lowering juice bills), at the same time as increasing PPD. That's a Win-Win-Win in my books
Hi Doc

Just fitted a gtx 1080 and i am getting 811973 ppd unclocked and it runs alot cooler

Piers
piers_newbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jul 2016, 08:46   #9
DocJonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by piers_newbold View Post
Hi Doc
Just fitted a gtx 1080 and i am getting 811973 ppd unclocked and it runs alot cooler
Piers
I think the word people use is 'sweet'!
Which card did you go for?
Are you running it under Win or Linux?
Old 10th Jul 2016, 15:26   #10
piers_newbold
What's a Dremel?

piers_newbold has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi Doc

I went for a palit card and i'm running it under windows 10
piers_newbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2016, 10:22   #11
DocJonz

I popped a couple of GTX 1080's in at the beginning of the week (replacing some GTX 780 Ti's) ...
PPD seems very variable - depending on WU, they are getting between 520k (P92xx projects mainly) and 1000K (P11406 Project) PPD each - see PC called 'Study' in my Sig web-link (below) for real-time numbers.
(Cards are EVGA GTX 1080 SC, running under Ubuntu 16.04, nVidia driver version 367.27)
Old 29th Jul 2016, 18:20   #12
chin913
忍び So say we all

chin913 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
[/URL]

Just put 2 gtx 970s in , any idea what ppd I should get ? i have the sli bridge on aswell
Old 29th Jul 2016, 20:59   #13
DocJonz

For GTX 970's, check out real-time numbers in my sig - look for; Farm1, Farm2, Tester and P5QDeluxe ...
Old 29th Jul 2016, 21:11   #14
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

Try folding without the CPU folding.

Further up this thread I posted a link for GTX 1070 PPD where he got an average of about 500k on one card.
Old 29th Jul 2016, 22:47   #15
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

lol my bad, well bad eye sight. Thought you said 1070. 😶