bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 1st Oct 2016, 10:06   #1
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Shock horror and the DWP.

Common sense has broken out in the Tory party.
The Department of Work and Pensions has scraps retesting for chronically ill sickness benefits claimants. So instead of an assessment every 6 months by a company employed by the DWP to lower the overall sick benefit budget, who had the compassion of a hungry lion and who were paid on results, which in effect meant that they were pretty much saying everyone they assessed was fit to work, people who are chronically ill will not have to endure this heartless assessment procedure.
As a guy with a chronic condition caused in no small part by the ineptitude of my consultants this comes as welcome news.
Lets hope that this will cut the numbers of suicides by claimants, figures the DWP under Iain Duncan Smith fought so hard to keep hidden.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...fits-claimants

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...s-says-inquiry
Carbide 240/Asus Z170M plus/I5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz/Avexir Core Blue Series 16GB /AXP 200 Muscle /Gigabyte FE 1080/256GB Crucial m4/1x1TB & 2TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U3415/CM TK White (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone GD05B/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/GTX 260/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2711/ E Element Chroma KB /Logitech M518.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2016, 10:39   #2
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Not common sense, but a realisation that the new Theresa May Tory Party™ has to appear more egalitarian and compassionate to keep the vote.

Perhaps someone also ran some calculations that relentlessly screening seriously ill/disabled people will actually not magically make them better and that it costs more money to keep up that charade than it saves in benefits, but that seems too much like common sense to me.

Would be nice if they'd stop trying to send my cancer patients back to work before the stitches have come out their surgery wounds...

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.

Last edited by Nexxo; 1st Oct 2016 at 10:48.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2016, 10:43   #3
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Not common sense, but a realisation that the new Theresa May Tory Party™ has to appear more egalitarian and compassionate to keep the vote.

Perhaps someone also ran some calculations that relentlessly screening seriously ill/disabled people will actually not magically make them better and that it costs more money to keep up that charade than it saves in benefits, but that seems too much like common sense to me.

Would be nice if they'd stop trying to send my cancer patients back to work before the stitches have come out their surgery wounds...
They tried to send me back to work when in the full gamut of cancer treatment when I could barely walk, so I know where you are coming from. Oh and the mention of common sense was a joke as it is not something I would associate with any politician of any party.
Carbide 240/Asus Z170M plus/I5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz/Avexir Core Blue Series 16GB /AXP 200 Muscle /Gigabyte FE 1080/256GB Crucial m4/1x1TB & 2TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U3415/CM TK White (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone GD05B/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/GTX 260/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2711/ E Element Chroma KB /Logitech M518.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2016, 11:03   #4
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hopefully they will do the same for people with mental illness like myself.

...but I bet not.
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2016, 16:24   #5
Harlequin
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
and In the same speech - new claimants for ESA - that after assessment phase and go into the work activites group , the rate becomes the same as JSA (£73 a week)
We will remember them
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote