bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 30th Aug 2016, 09:49   #41
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Also, sometimes you don't want to take out insurance on certain things because you can afford to lose them.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2016, 19:46   #42
Byron C
This space for rent.

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
Also, sometimes you don't want to take out insurance on certain things because you can afford to lose them.
In this case however the issue is that of third party loss, whether personal injury or property damage/loss, not the loss or damage to one's own goods.

In any case I would always recommend that people get insurance. I've had to take the home insurance calls where there has been a "total loss" house fire, and I have to speak to the police/fire brigade because a member of the policy holder's family died in the fire and is therefore too distraught to speak on the phone. Having to take those calls is bad enough, but having to take those calls and tell people that they're no longer insured because they stopped paying six months ago is harrowing; I can't imagine how bad it must be if you're the one that has to make that phone call.

Sorry, back OT, as you were, etc...

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2016, 07:41   #43
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I realise I'm a bit late to this thread but I came across a relevant video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZoLDbWcqY8

I think given OP's condition, the matter should have been reported to the police. Any RTA that causes injury should be. Having the police knock on the driver's door should stop him from taking the matter any further but otherwise, let the insurance companies handle things.