bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 28th Jan 2017, 23:06   #1
weepete
Multimodder

weepete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelweepete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
On upgrading hardware....

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU from an a10-6800k to an fx320. Just got it done tonight and I was going to reinstall windows 10 but managed to accidentally boot up without reinstalling. Weirdly enough everything seems to work, it's back functioning fine and no error messages or anything. Not even a licence key issue. I did recently change to an ssd so did a clean install then.

So is it advisable to do a fresh install anyway or is it a case of if it's not broke don't fix it?
weepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2017, 00:22   #2
Anfield
Mod Master

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The death of chipset variety has pretty much killed off most issues that used to exist in the past with upgrades.
So yep, if it ain't broke...
R7 1800X, ASRock X370 Taichi, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 DDR4, ASUS Strix 1080TI OC, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 4TB WD Black, EVGA T2 1KW, Lian Li PC-O9WX, EK Supremacy Evo, EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2, EK-CoolStream PE 360, Ducky Shine 6 (Brown Switches), Logitech G402, AOC U3477PQU (34" 21:9 ftw)
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2017, 14:28   #3
weepete
Multimodder

weepete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelweepete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks mate, that's fantastic. Saves me a lot of hassle and time!
weepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2017, 23:14   #4
creative
500rwhp

creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It will probably flag later.

As an experiment, I swapped a hard drive running W10 from one laptop to another that was the exact same model etc and it powered up and worked fine. I then got a counterfeit warning about a week later.
Fractal Design XL R2 Case * MSI Z97-G45-GAMING LGA1150 * Coolmaster Nepton 280L * Coolermaster V1000 psu * Gigabyte GTX1070 * Intel Core i5 4670K LGA1150 CPU 3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Haswell * 32Gb HyperX Savage DDR3 * Samsung 850 Evo mSATA * OCZ 128G Vector Series SSD * Seagate 4tb HDD * 3Tb WD Green * 500gb Seagate Hybrid Drive *
creative is offline   Reply With Quote