bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 6th Mar 2017, 17:13   #21
Impeccable Logic
Modder

Impeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
SSD tray with arms to hold the mobo? Sounds familliar.
Oh yeah, the Turnip has that set up...Well, it's the only way i could figure to mount the SSD unless I put it at the top of the case. Even then I am running out of room real quick. I am gonna have to mod the 1070 cover edges now.
Impeccable Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2017, 22:29   #22
Impeccable Logic
Modder

Impeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming SaiyanImpeccable Logic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I am working on the hardware "stack" today. The biggest need was for a bracket that will mount to the GPU and motherboard. This part will also level up the GPU and take the weight off the riser slot.

I determined the size and used SketchUp to produce the .stl file for printing. I wanted to allow for air flow so I was going to create a perforated side but then decided to just use the name of the project instead.

Here are some of the parts I am using for this build.

Next, I took the bracket off the front of the GPU. I had to remove the cover to gain access to the front screw. That location will be where the bracket attaches to the motherboard.

Riser

Tapped holes on PSU mount and attached to MB tray

Next picture shows the weight of the GPU on the riser card.

Old 13th Mar 2017, 16:03   #23
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
SNUG
...Now you just need to squeeze a few radiators in there.
I envy the fact that your 4 pin atx plug is on the edge.
Old 13th Mar 2017, 16:48   #24
Ianovski
Rawr!

Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ianovski is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
What are you going to use as CPU cooler? I'm actually designing a spherical casemod myself atm and just trying to figure out the best way to do so. I was actually planning on using the Cooler Master Master liquid maker 92.

Everything looks really neat so keep it up!
Ianovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2017, 23:44   #25
Impeccable Logic
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
SNUG
...Now you just need to squeeze a few radiators in there.
I envy the fact that your 4 pin atx plug is on the edge.
Old 13th Mar 2017, 23:55   #26
Impeccable Logic
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianovski View Post
What are you going to use as CPU cooler? I'm actually designing a spherical casemod myself atm and just trying to figure out the best way to do so. I was actually planning on using the Cooler Master Master liquid maker 92.

Everything looks really neat so keep it up!
The CM 92 is nice!

I have to stay really low so I am going with the Noctua NH-L9i low profile. The CPU is an i5 6600.

Thanks and good luck on your build, I hope to see it here soon
Old 17th Mar 2017, 11:23   #27
Dot_Kappa
100% Puppet

Dot_Kappa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice design !!

Is glue strong enough ?
I think it was better to secure pieces with screw from the inside
Dot_Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2017, 21:22   #28
Impeccable Logic
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot_Kappa View Post
Nice design !!

Is glue strong enough ?
I think it was better to secure pieces with screw from the inside
Thank You!

I think the glue will be strong enough.

Admittedly, I was concerned about using super glue when I was working on the design. I also agree that screws would be best but I could not figure a way to make it work and get the precise placement that I could get with glue...

I used PLA filament for the prints and that does real well with Cyanoacrylates. I did sand each side before putting two tiny drops on one of the surfaces. I could not break them apart.

I also had my R&D staff test the case.

Tags
3d print, dodecahedron, htpc, mini itx, sff

View Mode