bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 22nd Feb 2017, 04:10   #1
Zenator
Multimodder

Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just a little bit thinner

Hello Again

I had not planed on doing a second build for the world series but I still have time for something small. I have been thinking about doing a small form build for some time

and i've been wanting to do a white build as well, so for this build im looking at doing a build in white and making it slim.

I Will be using a Master Case Maker 5 and a Cosmos SE

De-construccion have begun, lots of cutting still to go to get that "SLIM" look and the MIG waiting to put it all back together again.

Quick layout of parts from both cases.

And a way to put it all back together again, Oh what fun this will be!

Some steel may be injured in this process

The things I do : http://zenator.wix.com/zenator-art

Last edited by Zenator; 22nd Feb 2017 at 04:21.
Zenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 09:39   #2
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan

Looking forward to this dude

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2017, 05:03   #3
FS mods
What's a Dremel?

FS mods has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yay welder??? It looks like an overkill lol
FS mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2017, 09:23   #4
Zenator
Multimodder

Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zenator is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hello again.

Case frame has new been cut down and welded back together, The case is now a 165mm wide, from 240mm wide.

Now with just enough width for the PSU and motherboard.

Old 26th Feb 2017, 12:29   #5
Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Are you using the Cosmos shell or the Master case?

I prefer the Cosmos. Still like that case

MUWC Winner ROTT
Old 26th Feb 2017, 20:11   #6
Zenator
Multimodder

Going to be using both where I can

Last edited by Zenator; 28th Feb 2017 at 12:05.
Old 11th Mar 2017, 06:22   #7
Zenator
Multimodder

Update on the thinner CM build. So Far what i'm doing is im trying to reuse as many parts as I can from both cases. The MoBo tray has been centered in the case to have even room on both sides,

The back side being for the cooling and cabling, Giving me 80mm at the back and 80mm on the MoBo side and a 160mm all up. More then enough space to get things done.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Old 11th Mar 2017, 16:05   #8
LePhuronn
Multimodder

LePhuronn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh my...this is an interesting one!
Old 11th Mar 2017, 16:33   #9
Vault-Tec

Wicked, I love me a good wedgie

MUWC Winner ROTT
Old 19th Mar 2017, 22:41   #10
Zenator
Multimodder

Update on the Thinner build, Case frame is now reshaped. The back of the case now has room for 2x360 rads for the cooling the GPU & CPU. And inside sits the MaterWatt Maker 1200 PSU. Still lots more to come and still lots more to do.

Old 19th Mar 2017, 23:38   #11
Zenator
Multimodder

Some of the very COOL hardware going into the Thinner case.

MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA MoBo W/block, From Bitspower.

ASUS STRIX 980ti And Bitspower RBG W/Block.

Old 25th Mar 2017, 10:57   #12
Zenator
Multimodder

Time again to show some pic's.

From one case to the next I have used the rear GPU mount from the Cosmos SE cut it out reshaped it to fit in the top of the frame to hold the GPU in place. Plus one new clear and black printed GPU logo, For some back light RBG.

Old 10th Apr 2017, 15:20   #13
Zenator
Multimodder

A bit more to show.

Thinner with a theme.

More soon.

Old 10th Apr 2017, 15:42   #14
Vault-Tec

Fluffing hell, that's amazing !

MUWC Winner ROTT
Old 11th Apr 2017, 10:41   #15
Zenator
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault-Tec View Post
Fluffing hell, that's amazing !
Thanks Vault-Tec

Old 12th Apr 2017, 14:11   #16
Zenator
Multimodder

Outer plastic covers now done and a place for the CM badge.

Old 12th Apr 2017, 14:42   #17
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
I do love seeing people do this to cases, it's a lot of fun to try out. Wide cases are great for ease of building, but when you don't necessarily need it, you can get some awesome looks by going thin. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the GotG covers, but that's your theme so won't be intruding on that haha.

Love how the look has changed so much by removing those extra mms.
Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2017, 22:22   #18
Vault-Tec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
I do love seeing people do this to cases, it's a lot of fun to try out. Wide cases are great for ease of building, but when you don't necessarily need it, you can get some awesome looks by going thin. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the GotG covers, but that's your theme so won't be intruding on that haha.

Love how the look has changed so much by removing those extra mms.
Yeah that top that I despise so much has turned into a lovely octagon shape

MUWC Winner ROTT
Old 14th Apr 2017, 08:34   #19
Zenator
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault-Tec View Post
Yeah that top that I despise so much has turned into a lovely octagon shape
Happy you like it.

Switchers fitted for a new clean look.

Old 16th Apr 2017, 08:55   #20
Zenator
Multimodder

Hi, The color I picked for the build is Harlequin. That will have the same colors as the guardians of the galaxy theme. It still needs to be clear coated as well.

View Mode