Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 11th Mar 2017, 21:53   #21
CroyAlore
Minimodder

CroyAlore has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault-Tec View Post
I would love to see that yes
Here is the original model with no cutout's (My friend made all of these designs for me), I was thinking of leaving the front like this:

I then decided to have the fans show so to begin with I had the front open:

Then I added the design to the front (Final Design):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault-Tec View Post
Lots of things in PC modding are over done. Whenever a new idea or part comes along every one rushes to use it. It's not that I don't like hard tubing at all, it's just that I have seen so much of it I just get tired of seeing the same thing. It's kinda like Caselabs syndrome. At first I loved the elegance and quality, and then I just got sick of seeing it.

So I'm glad you chose to use flexible tubing. In the right hands it can look every bit as good, if not better, than hard tubing.

It's far better to use your own mind and your own ideas rather than those of others when modding IMO.
Yeah I completely understand, I've noticed this same trend. It would nice if there were more than just the two options when it comes to building a loop, but I guess that just means we got to start coming up with creative ways of using one or even both styles in a build. And the same thing goes with the way we go about modding our cases.

I've seen some builds do really well with the hard tubing, and some do amazing with flexible, but the problem I've seen is that sometimes the build doesn't use the style that fits it.

I'm glad you prefer the flexible tubing in this build, it took a while for me to decide what parts of the loop would be the acrylic tubing, and what parts would stick to the flexible tubing.
Old 11th Mar 2017, 21:56   #22
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yeah you definitely chose the right design

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2017, 13:20   #23
kim
Multimodder

kim has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
about new trends...I am generally not a fan of this rainbow RGB lighting effect, but it's the third time that I follow your thread and I must say that it looks pretty nice in your particular build, besides I love your front design grill and your case is really beautifull... also impressed by the extreme neatness of your work and pictures...
kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2017, 08:20   #24
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim View Post
about new trends...I am generally not a fan of this rainbow RGB lighting effect, but it's the third time that I follow your thread and I must say that it looks pretty nice in your particular build, besides I love your front design grill and your case is really beautifull... also impressed by the extreme neatness of your work and pictures...
Thanks kim for the very kind words

I'm very picky about details so a scratch build was perfect for me, and I tried to ensure all the details of this build were clean and organized. I was originally going to set all the led's to white but the colors ended up working well with the case.
Old 19th Mar 2017, 11:19   #25
Maarten/Pine
What's a Dremel?

Maarten/Pine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That are some nice modding skills man! I like how you used the aluminium, really clean-looking.
Maarten/Pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2017, 17:58   #26
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Cleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What CAD program are you using?
Cleveland216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 01:51   #27
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarten/Pine View Post
That are some nice modding skills man! I like how you used the aluminium, really clean-looking.
Thanks Maarten/Pine, I love using aluminium its very easy to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland216 View Post
What CAD program are you using?
The models where made by a friend using SolidWorks
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 04:20   #28
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Hey all, I got some more photos of the Led's for now until I figure out a way to mount the SSD/HDD's

Here they are (Caution for anyone sensitive to moving colors/lights):
Gif of the LED's
Old 31st Mar 2017, 05:28   #29
CroyAlore
Minimodder

I got a quick update, Here is some of the last components to go in the case that I just finished sleeving.

Had to sleeve these cables and replace the red connector with a white one to match the case better.

Internal USB Hub to help manage the aquaero components as well as the Hue+ Hub.
Old 31st Mar 2017, 08:03   #30
kim
Multimodder

kim has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
perfect sleeving...and pics
kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2017, 15:24   #31
FatalSyntaxError
Minimodder

FatalSyntaxError has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking really nice! Ever since I got my Ncase M1 I've had a thing for small and space efficient build!

Just out of curiosity why didn't you just have the back panel be apart of the front unibody design and just bend it at the top so it comes down then screw it in place at the base like you've done already?
Old 9th Apr 2017, 09:12   #32
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim View Post
perfect sleeving...and pics
Thanks kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalSyntaxError View Post
Looking really nice! Ever since I got my Ncase M1 I've had a thing for small and space efficient build!

Just out of curiosity why didn't you just have the back panel be apart of the front unibody design and just bend it at the top so it comes down then screw it in place at the base like you've done already?
Thanks FatalSyntaxError

I really like efficient builds, after looking at a lot of cases I decided that the only way I would be able to get a case that is as small and efficient as I needed was to just build my own.

I wanted the back panel to be separate from the uni-body because I like the look of a separate back panel and allowed me to use a thinner metal for it making it distinctly different than the uni-body. This also allows for easier future modifications and color changes if needed.

Tags
custom case, scratch build

View Mode