bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 19th Oct 2007, 15:39   #21
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Work (don't mind the iPhone cam quality):

Pair of 17" dell LCDs and some crazy phone that can probably make toast for me if I asked the right way.

Just started, so the walls and desk are totally bare at the moment, save for my keys and coffee.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 15:52   #22
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehed View Post
Work (don't mind the iPhone cam quality):
Pair of 17" dell LCDs and some crazy phone that can probably make toast for me if I asked the right way.
Gotta love the Avaya phones! I have one next to me at work too.
Atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 16:18   #23
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
After a night of 'partying' and mucking around...

A bit of a Stye
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 16:32   #24
Mister_Tad
Modaretor

Mister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The study at home is far too messy for a photo at the moment, I'm still using the "just moving in" excuse, despite the fact that I've been here for a month, so I was going to post a work photo, which is altogether far more impressive. Can't seem to find one though, so here's the mess...

in no particular order...
epson fanboy: R1800, R300, 4870
Tannoy reveal active monitors
couple of samsung screens
main rig, sans bezel, top and sides
more rubbish than I care to list

could do with a good re-arranging, still need to get a rug and some stuff to put on the walls, and more plants, need some stands for the speakers as well, could to with replacing the shelves on either side of the desk as well. tbh, its going to be like this for the next 6 months though

Last edited by Mister_Tad; 19th Oct 2007 at 16:43.
Mister_Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 16:49   #25
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz. View Post
After a night of 'partying' and mucking around...

<snipity snip>

A bit of a Stye
Looks like a wild party....

Also, that is a tidy room You do not know messy until you discover the floordrobe!

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 16:51   #26
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
'the party' involved shouting at peopleout the window and really loud,really bad music.. High School Style-ee!!

You should have seen it 3 days ago... every piece of clothing I owned was on the floor...
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 16:55   #27
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I like the look of your desk there Mister_Tad, can those shelfs be removed and what are the dimensions as well as where can it be bought?

Cheers.
Sam

The Rig: Core i5 4670, GTX980, 16GB DDR3, 256GB M550 SSD, 500GB BX100 SSD Corsair 250D, Dell u2412m
The Server: Gen8 Microserver, Xeon E3-1220v2, 12GB DDR3, 4TB, 3TB, 2TB storage
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 16:59   #28
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
Gotta love the Avaya phones! I have one next to me at work too.
It looks like quite the complicated bit of trickery... I definitely need to find a manual for the thing. I've got one of those Plantronics wireless headsets next to it as well. Good thing they haven't actually started sending support calls in my direction, as I'm still trying to figure everything out about what the heck our product really is and how to use it. Though considering I have zero .NET experience until this week, it seems easy enough to figure out (at least with the tools they've given us). But I really need a Mac for the design work - they don't make CSSEdit for Windows. *sigh*

Apparently this dell keyboard sucks too, but maybe that's because I'm used to a laptop keyboard at this point. But it sure beats my first impressions of where I was working over the summer, where I was stuck in a dirty stockroom with no training, no computer, and a chain smoker.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 17:01   #29
RTT
#parp

RTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianStorm View Post
@RTT: not using AdBlock on bit-tech, surely?
No sir, no way - that's our internal bit-tech mirror that runs on our internal dev. servers, so it doesn't serve any ads
Old 19th Oct 2007, 17:07   #30
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Tad View Post
The study at home is far too messy for a photo at the moment, I'm still using the "just moving in" excuse, despite the fact that I've been here for a month, so I was going to post a work photo, which is altogether far more impressive. Can't seem to find one though, so here's the mess...

(snip)

could do with a good re-arranging, still need to get a rug and some stuff to put on the walls, and more plants, need some stands for the speakers as well, could to with replacing the shelves on either side of the desk as well. tbh, its going to be like this for the next 6 months though
King of untidyness. For real.

Also, you're going to hang a rug on the wall!?
Old 19th Oct 2007, 17:16   #31
crazybob
Voice of Reason

crazybob has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcrazybob has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

To the left, just barely out of the picture, is my Samsung ML-2010 printer. On the floor next to that is my wholly unimpressive computer. Actually in the picture are a Gateway 17" LCD and Planar 20" LCD, with some old-school Compaq speakers, an MS Natural keyboard, MX-510, Koosh ball, and ruined slinky.
crazybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 17:52   #32
M3G4
talkie walkie

M3G4 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Old 19th Oct 2007, 18:27   #33
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Tad: Work Pic!

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 19:29   #34
thefriscokid
why s**t so crazy?

thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.
i5 2500K | 8 GB Corsair Vengence | MSI GTX560TI | Asus P8P67 Pro B3 | Crucial M4 64 GB SSD | 2x Samsung F3 1TB | Antec TP 750W | Lian Li A05 | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX | Filco Ninja TKL | Razer DeathAdder | Dell U2410M | Senn PC360
battlelog: thefriscokid - bf3s - xbox live: JAS82
thefriscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 20:22   #35
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll have to post my sty in a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 21:19   #36
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
took me a while to get a decent photo with all the contrasts in here, but there it is

not much has changed in the past few months though
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 21:28   #37
Mister_Tad
Modaretor

Mister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkiller42 View Post
I like the look of your desk there Mister_Tad, can those shelfs be removed and what are the dimensions as well as where can it be bought?
That is the venerable Ikea Jerker, complete with optional drawer unit. Sadly no longer available :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk View Post
Also, you're going to hang a rug on the wall!?
What? I'm going to put a rug on the floor, and going to put photos on the wall. Got a pack of 13x19" Ilford gloss for printing some of my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey View Post
Tad: Work Pic!
Can't find one, sorry. You'll just have to close your eyes and imagine it

Just having another look at those two photos has motivated me to maybe attack the study this weekend, since I'll be up at stupid o'clock on Sunday for the GP anyway. Hopefully I shall be posting two new photos of an immaculate room by Monday (maybe...)

Last edited by Mister_Tad; 19th Oct 2007 at 21:34.
Mister_Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 21:34   #38
customh
conflagration.

customh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I had a link at one time.. there is one in the other thread...
customh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2007, 21:54   #39
Spacecowboy92
Gettin' Lazy

Spacecowboy92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

My room, nothing special.
Old 19th Oct 2007, 22:07   #40
K

K has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Tad View Post
since I'll be up at stupid o'clock on Sunday for the GP anyway.
How come? Coverage starts at 4 in the afternoon, race starts at 5.

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, kilroy woz 'ere, many much monitorsesen!, my desk is bigger, photo, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, show off

View Mode