bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 3rd Nov 2007, 20:49   #161
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You get used to it. I find them remarkably decent to work with.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2007, 11:57   #162
<A88>
Trust the Computer

<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis
They're a lot more comfortable than they look- not a typical laptop keyboard by any means. I still don't find them that appealing as a keyboard though- beautiful, yes, and definitely great quality, but there are far more functional or comfortable devices out there. Split designs/plush wrist rests etc all help when you're using them for prolonged periods of time, and those multimedia/app buttons a lot of devices have are genuinely useful a lot of the time.

<A88>
<A88> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2007, 12:07   #163
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
You get used to it. I find them remarkably decent to work with.
I can't stand them... I've been using one every day in design for two months and have now started resorting to taking my Saitek Eclipse with me to type on..
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2007, 12:10   #164
mookboy
BRAAAAAAP

mookboy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've ended up buying a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard for my Mac, simply because for some reason Apple have decided to make the new wireless keyboard into a stunted laptop sized thing. What a waste. The new keyboard is lovely, but I didn't want a wire. Having said that, I'm extremely pleased with my Logitech S510 kit - works a treat with Mac OS X and makes switching between my Mac and PC with one Kb and mouse so much easier minus wires.
mookboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2007, 15:28   #165
quack
I Mod, Therefore I Own

quack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fophillips View Post
Someone's cut a hole in your computer.
Never seen a window before?
Old 4th Nov 2007, 17:02   #166
customh
conflagration.

customh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mookboy, did you get the white set? (S530) The mouse is much better.
customh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2007, 17:25   #167
mookboy
BRAAAAAAP

Nah I got the S510 - silver. Darker silver than it's advertised as, but can't fault it. The keyboard has a really low profile, and can lie flat on the desk and looks really thin. I like the lack of loads of shortcut keys, the right side has a bunch that work in iTunes which have been handy (although I tend to use the white remote the MBP came with). The mouse won't be to everyones tastes, it's not as comfy as my Logitech 510mx, but still feels nice. The wheel is a bit noisy, but no worse than my old Mighty Mouse's. For £39 I feel it's spot on. My only complaint is the wireless receiver looks naff, and so I have it concealed and plugged into the USB hub on my Dell 2005fpw instead of plugged into the MBP. It's a big ol' thing on a wire no less - not the discreet USB dongles other kits come with.
Old 4th Nov 2007, 18:20   #168
mookboy
BRAAAAAAP

My gaff.

Check my Flickr page for a rundown of what's what, use the hotspots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mookboy/1859053871/
Old 4th Nov 2007, 18:30   #169
Major

The k800i takes CRAP pictures at night it is shocking.

I'll post some up tomorrow.
Old 4th Nov 2007, 18:32   #170
mookboy
BRAAAAAAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Horrendous looking isn't it? I couldn't be arsed to break out the 400D for this.
Old 4th Nov 2007, 20:32   #171
koola
Eat my...

koola is definitely a rep cheat.koola is definitely a rep cheat.koola is definitely a rep cheat.koola is definitely a rep cheat.koola is definitely a rep cheat.koola is definitely a rep cheat.koola is definitely a rep cheat.koola is definitely a rep cheat.koola is definitely a rep cheat.koola is definitely a rep cheat.koola is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customh View Post
imo its not that great to type on.
Feels just like the macbook keyboard and imo is the best I've had.

Plus it has all the quick keys for osx that are useful.
koola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2007, 21:54   #172
Woodstock
So Say We All

Woodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming SaiyanWoodstock is a Super Spamming Saiyan
jeez those keys big enough for you

i5-4670 | Asrock Q87M vPro | Corsair DDR3 16GB | 2x Intel 530 180GB | 9TB of misc spining disks | ATI 7870 | Corsiar something case | Dual boot ArchLinux and Windows 7 (aka game launcher)
Woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2007, 11:36   #173
Hazardous
Mod Master

Hazardous has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by quack View Post

Never seen a window before?
Not one which looks so clean, you'd hardly know it was there, obviously
Old 5th Nov 2007, 15:55   #174
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
It's not that bad when you turn 'night mode' on... I thinks it is called 'twilight mode' on the K800i.
Atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2007, 17:28   #175
Ramble
Ginger Nut

Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
It's not that bad when you turn 'night mode' on... I thinks it is called 'twilight mode' on the K800i.
Really? Gotta try that sometime.
Old 6th Nov 2007, 10:48   #176
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You press one of the small buttons above the screen to change the shooting mode.
Atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2007, 03:15   #177
customh
conflagration.

customh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gotta love the z4's and the s510, eh mookboy? Where have you got your sub hiding?
Here's my little space. Click for big.

Last edited by customh; 8th Nov 2007 at 03:39.
customh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2007, 03:28   #178
Mistikal
Uhh....

Mistikal has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
bit-tech n00b here... but here's my corner of freedom:

andy
Mistikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2007, 04:42   #179
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
did you pull a seat out of your car?
Old 15th Nov 2007, 06:25   #180
Tyinsar
6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.Tyinsar is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistikal View Post
bit-tech n00b here... but here's my corner of freedom:
andy
Welcome to Bit-Tech

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, kilroy woz 'ere, many much monitorsesen!, my desk is bigger, photo, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, show off

View Mode