Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 2nd Nov 2007, 17:35   #161
DarkReaper
Alignment: Sarcastic Good

DarkReaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
Sounds like an excellent idea :X
Believe it or not, that wasn't a joke - it does work!

Or at least, I'm not the only insane one
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 19:08   #162
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReaper View Post
Ah, Nexxo. Is there anything you aren't an oracle regarding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurechial View Post
Nexxo is God, didn't you know that?
Naah, just a lifetime of experience knocking drinks over my keyboards...

Quote:
Put it through the dishwasher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
Sounds like an excellent idea :X
Quote:

It does indeed. But make sure you put water temperature at the lowest setting, and let it dry out properly. A hair dryer (again at the lowest setting) may help with that.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 20:12   #163
seebul
Ultramodder

seebul is definitely a rep cheat.seebul is definitely a rep cheat.seebul is definitely a rep cheat.seebul is definitely a rep cheat.seebul is definitely a rep cheat.seebul is definitely a rep cheat.seebul is definitely a rep cheat.seebul is definitely a rep cheat.seebul is definitely a rep cheat.seebul is definitely a rep cheat.seebul is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0o0oeh View Post
Very Best Of The Smiths CD
seebul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 21:07   #164
m0o0oeh
Tech noob. I know.

m0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremelm0o0oeh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lol, cheers - I used to have a copy before, but my baby cousin happened to it - shiny + baby = doomed.

Joe

Mac Quiksilver 733, 768 SDRAM, NVidia GeForce 2MX 32 Mb RAM. "Dr. Horrible"
Acer Aspire One A150, 1.66 Intel Atom, 1 gig DDR2 RAM. "Captain Hammer"
m0o0oeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 21:12   #165
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0o0oeh View Post
Shiny + baby = doomed.
Hehhe!
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 21:14   #166
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialHero View Post
Gamertag?
don't have live yet, location of xbox demands a wifi adapter which i am yet to purchase.
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 15:54   #167
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett89 View Post
clearance halloween candy.
Best time to get candy
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 17:08   #168
Elspuddy

Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Elspuddy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hellgate: london
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 18:49   #169
DarkReaper
Alignment: Sarcastic Good

DarkReaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
3.2kg of Malteasers (4 buckets worth) for a tenner.

oooh yes
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 19:12   #170
Lovah
Apple and Canon fanboy

Lovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for president
The new apple keyboard, wired and qwerty.
One of those 3D Connexion SpaceNavigators that I've read so much about here.
Also got some DVD R dual layers while I was at the store.

Oh a few sets of rechargable 2700 battery's aswell, with charger etc..

edit
also ordered two everglide titan monstermat's (one as a gift for a friend)
and one razer deathadder mouse
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2ghz | iMac 27" i7 | iPad 2 16GB WIFI

Last edited by Lovah; 3rd Nov 2007 at 19:41.
Lovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 19:55   #171
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:

it killed a few keys on my Microsoft Digital Media Pro which forced me to use a Comfort curve 2000 ever since and it's been killing my ability to type correctly
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 20:45   #172
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovah View Post
The new apple keyboard, wired and qwerty.
One of those 3D Connexion SpaceNavigators that I've read so much about here.
Also got some DVD R dual layers while I was at the store.

Oh a few sets of rechargable 2700 battery's aswell, with charger etc..

edit
also ordered two everglide titan monstermat's (one as a gift for a friend)
and one razer deathadder mouse
What are you using the SpaceNavigator for? Photoshop? I read it's compatible, but I have no idea how it interacts as PS is a decidedly 2D app. I don't use Sketchup often enough to justify getting one, but if it works alright in CS3, I'm sure I can talk myself into spending a bit more cash.
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 21:25   #173
Pha3dr0n
Where's my Valium?

Pha3dr0n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just bought this:

Old 3rd Nov 2007, 22:25   #174
capnPedro
Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Friday night, I purchased an Xbox 360 elite, a Halo controller, and preowned copies of Halo 3, Gears of War, Tony Hawk's Project 8 and Need for Speed Carbon. I spent about £390 total after gift vouchers and reward points etc.

By Saturday morning I and 3 friends had completed Halo 3 co-op on Heroic and are a little way through Act 2 of GoW. One of the best all-nighters I've pulled in a while.

A great night was had by all. HOWEVER, I was disappointed to find that the NfSC was literally snapped. And after playing Project 8 for about 15 minutes with no problems, it would freeze and the dashboard would give a dirty disc error. Even though the disc is scratch and dirt free.
Basically. I'm pissed off at GAME. Thanks to their lack of testing (or even LOOKING AT) the games they buy off people, I now have to go into town on a Sunday to sort it out. Thanks a ****ing bunch.

I <3 Aquatuning & Enermax long time!
capnPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2007, 23:59   #175
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lots of Alcohol for the We Are Scientists Gig at Empire

Mosh pitting for about an hour 4tw

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2007, 00:17   #176
Lovah
Apple and Canon fanboy

Lovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehed View Post
What are you using the SpaceNavigator for? Photoshop? I read it's compatible, but I have no idea how it interacts as PS is a decidedly 2D app. I don't use Sketchup often enough to justify getting one, but if it works alright in CS3, I'm sure I can talk myself into spending a bit more cash.
Right now, I've only used it in Google Earth (just got it this afternoon). I plan on using it for Sketchup (right after I learn how to use sketchup) and offcours Photoshop/Illustrator, even though they are 2D applications. I'm sure I can program it to do something usefull.

I already have a Griffin Powermate, I used to use it to control pauze/play and volume when I'm watching movies and don't want to get up (very long USB cable). But with the MBP I have the little remote to do all that.. so I don't use the powermate that often anymore. Although it is very usefull in photoshop/illustrator to zoom in, undo/redo and switch to a certain tool. I'm sure I can program the SpaceNavigator similar or better.

Basically I just bought it because it looked pretty..
Old 4th Nov 2007, 02:45   #177
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Right now, I've only used it in Google Earth (just got it this afternoon). I plan on using it for Sketchup (right after I learn how to use sketchup) and offcours Photoshop/Illustrator, even though they are 2D applications. I'm sure I can program it to do something usefull.

I already have a Griffin Powermate, I used to use it to control pauze/play and volume when I'm watching movies and don't want to get up (very long USB cable). But with the MBP I have the little remote to do all that.. so I don't use the powermate that often anymore. Although it is very usefull in photoshop/illustrator to zoom in, undo/redo and switch to a certain tool. I'm sure I can program the SpaceNavigator similar or better.

I love mine, even though I don't use it alot
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2007, 03:00   #178
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

Heh, well lemme know what the functionality is like in PS (or how programmable it is, if at all), as I really need an excuse to get the thing. TBH, if I had more desk space or USB ports, I wouldn't even care and would go straight for it. A bit of googling says pan and zoom (and apparently CS3 has 3d model support!?).
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2007, 09:45   #179
Lovah
Apple and Canon fanboy

Hi Firehed,

Ok. I've just played with it a bit in Photoshop CS3 for you. It works out of the box, I only inverted/reversed the all the movment to make it more natural to me. Right now it does this for me:
Zooms in when pushed in, out when pulled up.
Moves left when tilting left, right when tilted right.
Moves down when tilted down, up when tilted up.
It also does the same movement when pushed up/left/down/right but tilting is much more natural.

There are also two little buttons on it that you can write a 'macro' for, but I haven't tried that yet. Also I'd like to note that you can't use the SpaceNavigator when your mousebutton is pressed in. I thought I would beable to move true my zoomed in image while making a selection, but no can do.. pretty dissapointing if you ask me...

I've played with the settings for a few second and you really can't program anything. The movement has already been determined by the software. You can adjust the speed, invert it or turn the movement off. You can't program your own keypresses to it... so you are really quite limited to the programs that are supported. You can add other programs though, but I have no idea on how to program it then..

I would like to use it in safari aswell, to scroll up/down/left/right, but haven't figured out how to yet.

My Powermate had a much more limited 'movement', but you could program it for any program you liked. You could assign keypresses to each movement etc.. The powermate has these movements:
- Rotate right, left
- Press
- Long Press
- Press and rotate right, left

So for photoshop I had:
- Zoom in, out
- v (move tool)
- x (switch foreground/bg color)
- redo, undo

Wich, when, now I think about it, is very usefull. Only the moving left/right/top/down was missing....

Hope that helps.
L
Old 4th Nov 2007, 10:22   #180
<A88>
Trust the Computer

<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey View Post
Lots of Alcohol for the We Are Scientists Gig at Empire

Mosh pitting for about an hour 4tw
There was moshing at a WAS gig?! I just go the usual swaying about/people falling over when I saw em.
I went to the Oracle yesterday and had a proper look round for the first time since I moved here. Been trying to look after the money so just bought some Creamy Chocolate Caramel flavoured (instant) coffee from Whittard. Not too bad really, will have to try the Irish Cream flavour in standard coffee form when someone else isn't pulling the strings.

<A88>
<A88> is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, all the things!!, b.o.g.o.f, buy all the things, cause i'm a material girl, conspicuous consumption, damn kids wasting money, gorbachev, i hate skimlinks, i want a slimskink, it's bloo....., mmm rasperry pi..e, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, mo' money, money, no skimlinks, no to teh wubber domez!!, photo, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, shoes for fish, skimlinkssss!, what are skimlinks?

View Mode