bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 12th Jun 2008, 14:27   #181
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.
Ignitor on street?
Old 13th Jun 2008, 00:45   #182
Malvolio

Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Ignitor on street?
Trust me, it works very well in the 2.35 version. They get amazing grip, and very little drag.
Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2008, 11:46   #183
gar
Ultramodder

gar has yet to learn the way of the Dremelgar has yet to learn the way of the Dremelgar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just finished building!

Sold bit and peices of old bikes on ebay to pay for this. It's worked out nicley. I love zipps!

Project: StEaLtH- PLANNING PHASE
gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2008, 15:04   #184
Kipman725
When did I get a custom title!?!

Kipman725 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_ View Post
Sod the lot of you then!
I will start the anti camel back group by myself then!
I am anti camel back they make your back uncomfortable and are easy to get a fungal growth in. Bottles FTW (that mud on the caps good for you ^ ^).
Kipman725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2008, 15:55   #185
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipman725 View Post
I am anti camel back they make your back uncomfortable and are easy to get a fungal growth in. Bottles FTW (that mud on the caps good for you ^ ^).
The fungi is good for you too then At least it's just fungi, not mud (or poop).

If you get a decent bag for the camelback it is a lot more comfortable.

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2008, 17:02   #186
Lian Li Lover
Multimodder

Lian Li Lover has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The newer camelbak bladders have antifungal stuff in them which has kept month old water and lime cordial (vaguely) drinkable.
Old 13th Jun 2008, 17:43   #187
dom_
--->

dom_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I keep bottles in my rucksack anyway.
Will clean my bike sunday and take some pics!
dom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2008, 18:10   #188
Major

Guys I have a question.

One of our houses is rented out, and has been for sometimes, until last week when they left. But they have left behind 6 bikes, most rusty as they have been out in the rain for god knows how long...

Is there anything I can do with them? Would the wheels be alright to put my other set of MB grips on etc?
Old 13th Jun 2008, 18:13   #189
Ramble
Ginger Nut

Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.Ramble is definitely a rep cheat.
Gar can I have your bike?
Old 13th Jun 2008, 19:20   #190
Lian Li Lover
Multimodder

Lian Li Lover has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Gar can I have your bike?
Or if you split it, I'll have the wheels
Old 13th Jun 2008, 23:43   #191
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Guys I have a question.

One of our houses is rented out, and has been for sometimes, until last week when they left. But they have left behind 6 bikes, most rusty as they have been out in the rain for god knows how long...

Is there anything I can do with them? Would the wheels be alright to put my other set of MB grips on etc?
i'm sure they'd be usable for short-haul beater bikes. i can't say more than that with the level of detail in your post.
Old 14th Jun 2008, 00:38   #192
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoad View Post
i'm sure they'd be usable for short-haul beater bikes. i can't say more than that with the level of detail in your post.
Well I'm going up there tomorrow so I will get them all out and see what state they are in and if they are usable etc.
Old 14th Jun 2008, 10:41   #193
DarkReaper
Alignment: Sarcastic Good

DarkReaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A pub bike is a useful thing to have. Something that you can ride to the pub, throw a cheapass lock on cos nobody's going to want to nick it, and not worry too much about if you forget where you locked it after a few too many

I've got one that cost me a grand total of 6, and that was only to put vaguely working brake pads on. Most of the rest was given to be for free, and a back wheel I scrounged from the dump
Old 14th Jun 2008, 11:30   #194
tacticus
Supermodder

tacticus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoad View Post
only if you suck.

i used to ride with a camelback all the time, but lately i've been riding with bottles more and more. it's reallly nice not to have anything on your back
And this is why i have a bladder bag on my panniers
and a long tube fed to the handle bars (though it could go up my back as well(would need to make a decoulping solution in this case))
Ours is less and less a free society.
tacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2008, 19:28   #195
LoopyJuice
Astronomical

LoopyJuice has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well I treated myself the other day and took the plunge on a new bike:

Can't say a bad thing about it so far, absolutey perfect and lighter than my Titanium hard tail also very impressed with the lockout on the 120 RLCs and the propedal setting on the RP23, both are far far better than I imagined they would be!
Old 15th Jun 2008, 20:46   #196
dom_
--->

dom_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice.

Propedal is great isn't it! I have lockout on the front and propedal on the back so it can be pretty nifty uphill.
dom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2008, 20:55   #197
LoopyJuice
Astronomical

LoopyJuice has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Indeed it is! I'm finding myself blasting up hills in the high gears that i used to have to granny gear on my old hard tail!

Kinda interesting with the euro brake setup though, left = front, right = back... usually involves me using the back, locking it up and sliding a little, realising then jamming on front as i've lost too much distance already and having a lot of suspension dive from jamming on the front hehe. That could also be because i've been messing with the low speed compression and rebound on the fork though

I should really bleed/swap them but I don't have a kit handy and it isn't *that* hard to get used to.
Old 15th Jun 2008, 23:58   #198
DarkReaper
Alignment: Sarcastic Good

DarkReaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Swapping them shouldn't involve a bleed... except I've just noticed you're running what looks like XTR all-in-ones. Never mind.

Damn shiny, btw
Old 16th Jun 2008, 17:54   #199
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.
Pro pedal is a must for going up hills efficiently on a soft tail.
Old 16th Jun 2008, 18:10   #200
heh-
curses.

heh- has yet to learn the way of the Dremelheh- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyJuice View Post
Well I treated myself the other day and took the plunge on a new bike:

Can't say a bad thing about it so far, absolutey perfect and lighter than my Titanium hard tail also very impressed with the lockout on the 120 RLCs and the propedal setting on the RP23, both are far far better than I imagined they would be!
Congrats on the purchase! Glad you like it (my opinion not completely full of noobness!)

I'm still yet to take my bike on any decent trails (gf only gets her bike in 3 or 4 weeks ), but after then we're hopefully heading to an area of the country called 'Little Switzerland' - hopefully named after the hills!
heh- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, bicycles, bikes, education, extreme!!!!, fitness, gnar, leisure, love thy stinky, lycra fetishists unite!, mtb, mud, real men wear lyrca, roady, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, shavedmanlegs, zip-a-dee doo-dah, zip-a-dee-a

View Mode