bit-tech.net

Old 29th Mar 2013, 10:24   #4681
Pookeyhead
It's big, and it's clever.

Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Did you get the grain on the models in post, or was that an effect of shooting them at ISO6400?
Shot at 6400... everything in the studio was the same as location.. camera settings, light size, hardness, direction, elevation... everything. Thanks for the compliment.
MAIN RIG |Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHz ¦¦ H105 ¦¦ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ¦¦ 16Gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 ¦¦ 512GB Samsung 830 SSD ¦¦ 4TB of HDD Storage ¦¦ EVGA GTX980 Super-Clocked¦¦ Corsair 650D ¦¦ Eizo ColorEdge CG303W & Dell 2007FP ¦¦
EARTH| Celeron E3200 ¦¦ Gigabyte G31M-ES2L ¦¦ LSI SAS9260-8i ¦¦ 3TB RAID5 ¦¦ Headless - VNC administered
MOON | Thecus N3200pro 3TB RAID5
Pookeyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2013, 10:30   #4682
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You know your stuff
Old 29th Mar 2013, 10:31   #4683
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeyhead View Post
All shot on digital... Nikon D800... all ISO6400 if I recall. No retouching... just a composite. Even the meteor in shot 2 is real
Yeah I thought I'd been over doing the fixer recently

You certainly can't tell they're composites. Even knowing that they are it in no way reduces the impact of the photos.
Old 29th Mar 2013, 11:23   #4684
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo_mcg View Post
You certainly can't tell they're composites. Even knowing that they are it in no way reduces the impact of the photos.
If anything it's more impressive. Crazy work pook!
Old 29th Mar 2013, 12:50   #4685
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Amazing stuff Pook. The first one looks like the title card to an Ed Wood movie!
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2013, 12:52   #4686
Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW View Post
Amazing stuff Pook. The first one looks like the title card to an Ed Wood movie!

I'm glad you think so.... Hollywood B movie was one of the things I was researching for this project.
MAIN RIG |Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHz ¦¦ H105 ¦¦ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ¦¦ 16Gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 ¦¦ 512GB Samsung 830 SSD ¦¦ 4TB of HDD Storage ¦¦ EVGA GTX980 Super-Clocked¦¦ Corsair 650D ¦¦ Eizo ColorEdge CG303W & Dell 2007FP ¦¦
EARTH| Celeron E3200 ¦¦ Gigabyte G31M-ES2L ¦¦ LSI SAS9260-8i ¦¦ 3TB RAID5 ¦¦ Headless - VNC administered
Old 29th Mar 2013, 13:44   #4687
Ant1981
Supermodder

Ant1981 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amateurish.
Ant1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2013, 14:07   #4688
Pookeyhead

In what way?
Old 29th Mar 2013, 14:38   #4689
Highland3r
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Couple from Leeds last night. Both myself and a friend were somewhat disappointed with the results - both the wheel and Trinity have a lot more to offer than we managed to capture... Trinity dome has some amazing reflections at night - shame the pictures don't do it justice. Certainly one for a revisit!

IMG_1012 by Andip85, on Flickr

IMG_1008 by Andip85, on Flickr
Highland3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2013, 19:52   #4690
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Highlander - the second shot does it for me.
Old 29th Mar 2013, 19:59   #4691
Pookeyhead

Agreed... but the first is cool too. I lie the distortion.
Old 29th Mar 2013, 20:03   #4692
Highland3r
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Highland3r is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks guys!
Old 29th Mar 2013, 21:07   #4693
djzic
Bokehlicious!

djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

Cam: Canon 400D | 35mm f/2.8 | Helios 44-2
djzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2013, 05:33   #4694
Cheap Mod Wannabe
Ultramodder

Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Totally insane Pook!!! DAMN love it!!
Cheap Mod Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2013, 08:30   #4695
Pookeyhead

Cheers!!

djzic... I like those!
Old 30th Mar 2013, 15:00   #4696
Highland3r
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by djzic View Post

Like this a lot
Old 30th Mar 2013, 15:53   #4697
djzic
Bokehlicious!

djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.djzic is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks Pookey and Highland3r!

Cam: Canon 400D | 35mm f/2.8 | Helios 44-2
djzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2013, 16:52   #4698
dullonien
Master of the unfinished.

dullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Awesome composites Pook. The first and third really do it for me, especially love the costume in the first, but the sky in the third is jaw dropping.

Feel free to disagree, but in the second there is maybe a tad too much transparency in the darker left side of the floating skirt? This is being highly critical though, and might be my judgement that is off. The lighter right side looks spot on though.
Fractal Design Define R5 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 | Corsair H50 | EVGA 680i SLI | 8GB DDR2 | Sapphire HD4870 | Corsair AX750 | HighPoint RocketRAID 2680SGL | 8 x 1.5TB HDD's in RAID5 | 1TB HDD | 500GB HDD |
dullonien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 08:49   #4699
Pookeyhead

Cheers.

Added the last one now... I added it to my original post.
Old 31st Mar 2013, 14:32   #4700
LithiumDesign
3dsMax User

LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djzic View Post
/snip
Awesome work mate!

another cat pic, would venture outside as its a lovely day but I am far too hungover to make it worthwhile!

DSC_1684 by danmorris94, on Flickr

Intel Core i5 750 | G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB | XFX HD5770
Asus P7P55D LE | 500W OCZ ModXstream Pro | Antec Three Hundred
500GB + 1.5TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Logitech G9x | 23" LG | Windows Se7en 64-Bit
FiiO E07K | AKG K451 | NAD 3020i
LithiumDesign is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, stonedsurd? hell yes!