bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 1st Nov 2009, 02:12   #61
null_x86
Thread Closer

null_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysis
NEEDS MOAR MODDING PICZ!
Korraz - That iPad vs Stone one is an insulting lie! I never expected to see something so mediocre as THIS an this holy thread! You disgust me! A stone HAS a Touchscreen!
null_x86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2009, 03:13   #62
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Bindi needs his fix!
Old 1st Nov 2009, 16:47   #63
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody_294 View Post
Yay I've got those Xigmatek fans in mine, they look freakin awesome. Prob look better in yours tho :P
They're nice fans, definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
That bezel looks awesome! and great MB choice too
The mobo should be perfect for the build. Nice and quick for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
That's E.E.L's new trademark Great gaping hole - GGH(tm). Sure does know how to fit them well.

"Smoother than an android's bottom, eh Data"

Very nicely done.

john
LOL! Lemme try that out....

GGH™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
MOAR!

>_<
Hahahaha! Alright, alright, Richard...it's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null_x86 View Post
NEEDS MOAR MODDING PICZ!
Yessir!

I'm kind of sleeping one off today so I'm probably not going to get into the shop. But I'll definitely have some stuff to show soon, as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Bindi needs his fix!
LOL!
LilyPC V.2BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2009, 19:25   #64
null_x86
Thread Closer

null_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysis
Quote:
Bindi needs his fix!
I think everyone does.

MOAR!!!

Quote:
I'm kind of sleeping one off today so I'm probably not going to get into the shop. But I'll definitely have some stuff to show soon, as usual
less sleep, moar modding, full steam ahead!
Korraz - That iPad vs Stone one is an insulting lie! I never expected to see something so mediocre as THIS an this holy thread! You disgust me! A stone HAS a Touchscreen!
Old 1st Nov 2009, 19:57   #65
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.E.L. Ambiense View Post

I'm kind of sleeping one off today so I'm probably not going to get into the shop. But I'll definitely have some stuff to show soon, as usual.

Sleep when you're dead - MOD NOW! MOAR.
Old 1st Nov 2009, 20:28   #66
null_x86
Thread Closer

Quote:
Sleep when you're dead - MOD NOW! MOAR.
exactly
Old 4th Nov 2009, 23:55   #67
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Nov. 4th Update

And here we are again. Have a little update tied on the string and ready for release into the sky.

Let's get to it.

I finally had some time to work on the chassis frame. Since I previously finished the modification the metal for install of the 200mm fan, it was basically just waiting for me to get it coated up with a lovely color. Well, that lovely color is...

Purple hammertone.

It came out a bit darker than I expected, but it's not bad. I'm happy with it.

I also needed to cut some spare sound-deadening material to isolate and seal in the fan, so I cut some and applied it around the front panel's fan spot.

Also, Bill's case feet looked awesome in black annodizing, but.... I couldn't let it go!

I needed to install them on the chassis itself, only I didn't want to use Bill's normal hardware that came with the feet. I needed something dark and non-descript. Sorry, dude.

So I used some M5 socket caps I had laying around, and they happened to be just the right length to mount them with the nut housed inside the case feet instead. Looks clean and nice!

-------------
Thank you to:
-------------
Thanks for watchin'!

LilyPC V.2BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!

Last edited by E.E.L. Ambiense; 5th Mar 2017 at 21:15.
Old 5th Nov 2009, 00:36   #68
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Purple...and...metallic orange?
Is your brother going to clown college? Is there a rainbow afro wig in his future?

-Sorry man. I wanted to be the first to ask.
Old 5th Nov 2009, 00:38   #69
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The hammered finish on the paint is really cool
Old 5th Nov 2009, 00:55   #70
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

Quote:
Purple...and...metallic orange?
Is your brother going to clown college? Is there a rainbow afro wig in his future?

-Sorry man. I wanted to be the first to ask.
You of all people should know better. Do I have to mention the Japanese garbage truck?

In all seriousness, give it a bit. I'm not done yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
The hammered finish on the paint is really cool
It is!
Old 5th Nov 2009, 03:14   #71
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.E.L. Ambiense View Post
You of all people should know better. Do I have to mention the Japanese garbage truck?
WOOT! My cue!

Old 5th Nov 2009, 04:01   #72
Interloper
Faux Pro Modder

Interloper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is becoming most epic. Go forth, and mod on!!!
Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2009, 06:14   #73
BlackWhizz
Supermodder

BlackWhizz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like it

MOAR

plz
Old 5th Nov 2009, 10:34   #74
500mph
The Right man in the Wrong place

500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I swear you can make anything look good.

500mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2009, 13:21   #75
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
It's original, looks and tastes great.... er, you know what I mean
Old 5th Nov 2009, 14:08   #76
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

Quote:
WOOT! My cue!
LOL! That pic is classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interloper View Post
This is becoming most epic. Go forth, and mod on!!!
Thanks! I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhizz View Post
I like it

MOAR

plz
Alrightythen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500mph View Post
I swear you can make anything look good.
Hahaha, thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
It's original, looks and tastes great.... er, you know what I mean
Thanks, bro. We'll see where things go!
Old 5th Nov 2009, 22:45   #77
null_x86
Thread Closer

So, E.E.L., I have to ask, is this getting turned into the pic that Jhanlon posted or something else?

just kidding, its looking good though.. i want to see moar!
Old 5th Nov 2009, 22:53   #78
subset7
Spanking the Monkey

subset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for president
+1,I like where this is going
Old 6th Nov 2009, 14:44   #79
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

Nov. 6th Update

Thank you kindly, gentlemen!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Update time!

I needed to post this last night, but I was too tired. I needed to get home in time for Fringe anyways.

Let's get to it, shall we?

I needed to begin work on the top panel modifications. My illustrations were done quite a while ago, I just hadn't had any time to really devote to it. Besides, I was busy working on other parts of the chassis, and as far as I know I cannot cut myself in half and grow another me like a Planarian flatworm. Trust me, I wish I could. Ask some of the ladies...

The work on the top panel is the traditional stuff I tend to perform, like adding fan ports and handles, etc. But I also wanted to add some top I/O ports for the ease of functionality and convenience. My brother tends to use those things, so I figured I'd accommodate him.

Since I tend to mod LiLi chassis on a weekly basis it seems and for the past few years, I tend to accrue parts that I usually don't use myself in a personal mod. The top I/O port connectors would be one of those parts.

I love to use them in modifications because they're easy to use and prepare for. I've done it so many times, that I have a template set up and saved for them that I always go back to in order to save time for other stuff.

Here's the top handles I'll be using. They probably look familiar, because I've used them plenty of times before. Just cheap metal drawer handles from the local hardware store. It's my last set of these so I figured I'd go ahead and use them up.

And here's a layout mock-up of the top panel...

And the work I will perform...

I marked out and drilled all the holes in the top panel as well as taping up the top side of the top panel as 'insurance' against possible marring errors or scratches. My drill-press can be temperamental anyways, so it's a good idea. Granted, I tend to skip this step though because I've cut a million panels. But it's a good idea for anyone to do this!

Clamped down and ready to go...

Blah blah blah...

And done.

I simply spray all the curly aluminum shavings/WD-40 mixture that makes me think of robotic wet pubic hair with water in my washout bin. You can easily just wipe it out with a paper towel, but I'm lazy in some aspects.

Now that the piece is dry, I need to go ahead and cut the I/O port's opening up top. I'm going to just use my rotary tool for this because it's fast, easy and doesn't have to be perfect.

After a couple mins., I have this. A little flap.

And cut!

A little trick I use to get to those "short" areas that a large cutting wheel can't reach; I tend to keep all the ready-to-toss-out cutting wheels that have almost nothing left on them. They're really small and easy to get at those areas.

And after some flat-file work, It's all done. Doesn't have to be perfect since it's getting covered up with some acrylic. Namely, a little jazzed-up piece that represents the dog-bone-shaped Satellite of Love on the show!

-------------
Thank you to:
-------------
Thanks for watchin'!

Last edited by E.E.L. Ambiense; 5th Mar 2017 at 21:28.
Old 6th Nov 2009, 15:26   #80
jegerjon
Supermodder

jegerjon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is funcky.. Great work though

Tags
acrylic, case mod, epic hiatus, laser, mst3k, powder coat

View Mode