bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 6th Nov 2009, 16:09   #81
craigbru
Now... with more CNC!

craigbru has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcraigbru has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Coming along nicely man. Those LiLi parts sure do come in handy, don't they?
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2009, 17:27   #82
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
More hole whacking! And well done.

I glad you put both ends on the Satellite of Love. Kind of a disturbing shape if you glance at quickly.
Old 6th Nov 2009, 17:58   #83
craigbru
Now... with more CNC!

craigbru has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcraigbru has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
I glad you put both ends on the Satellite of Love. Kind of a disturbing shape if you glance at quickly.
Lol, that's what I thought at first too! I blame it all on E.E.L. for making me think that way...
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2009, 18:18   #84
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
I must admit I thought of that when I designed it and I was going to say something in the update post too, but figured I'd leave it out in deference to being a consummate professional.

And shame on you for thinking that! You two are some of the most foul-minded people I've ever met! .....
LilyPC V.2BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2009, 22:53   #85
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm liking this quite alot EEL.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2009, 01:00   #86
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Nov. 6th Update...again?

Thanks, Mankz!

--------------------------------

Update time!

I don't have a whole lot of pics, but I did get a lot done. Let's be a little more specific, shall we?

After finishing up the cutting/drilling work on the top panel, I needed to blast and coat it as well as the custom front backing panel. Both were first shot with the 'dormant orange' that I used on the case feet, and the color looked good. But I wanted it to really jump out as well as look a little 'cosmic', as much as orange could be cosmic anyways. So I top-coated with gloss clear that has medium flakes in it called 'midnite clear'. Looks awesome to me. Here's some pics of the results!

I'm happy. I'm sure my brother will be too.

-------------
Thank you to:
-------------
Thanks for watchin'!

LilyPC V.2BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!

Last edited by E.E.L. Ambiense; 5th Mar 2017 at 21:39.
Old 7th Nov 2009, 01:05   #87
vils
Multimodder

vils has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent paint job. Looks proffessional.
vils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2009, 02:32   #88
urbtree
Modder

urbtree has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i read through this log this afternoon and i hace to say nice work man.

think i`m the only one who`s never heard of MSTie

so have i been living under a rock?

i`ve been catching up on you tube and i`m gonna have a look for the movie

if it aint broke. you aint trying hard enough
urbtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2009, 16:27   #89
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The movie always bugged me. They spent looong periods of time not saying anything.

Killer orange. You didn't have to add extra sparkle to it, but you did. You spoil the crap out of your little brother, don't you.
Old 7th Nov 2009, 19:40   #90
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vils View Post
Excellent paint job. Looks proffessional.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbtree View Post
i read through this log this afternoon and i hace to say nice work man.

think i`m the only one who`s never heard of MSTie

so have i been living under a rock?

i`ve been catching up on you tube and i`m gonna have a look for the movie
Thanks, man. Yes you have been living under a rock if you've never heard of MST, lol. It's everyone's favorite show they've never heard of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
The movie always bugged me. They spent looong periods of time not saying anything.

Killer orange. You didn't have to add extra sparkle to it, but you did. You spoil the crap out of your little brother, don't you.
Yeah, the movie's not the best by any stretch. They have a larger budget and shot it on actual film so it's slicker looking, but it felt like one of the normal 'not-as-good' episodes to me. The regular show is my preference, but I'd still watch the flick too. Some great lines....

Quote:
Cal - "Until we find out what happened, all three of us are blind."

Crow as Joe - "I'll go poke Webb's eyes out."

Thanks! Yes, my brother's definitely going to be like, "huh!?" LOL.
Old 8th Nov 2009, 00:13   #91
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
Yep, that finish is lookin pretty tasty dude.
Old 8th Nov 2009, 01:23   #92
SuperTroye
Dell doesn't have what I see here.

SuperTroye has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yo EEL! This thing is so much fun to see come together. The powder coating job appears to be top notch and the color scheme is easy on the eyes. Really well done as always.
SuperTroye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2009, 14:13   #93
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
Yep, that finish is lookin pretty tasty dude.
Hahah, thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTroye View Post
Yo EEL! This thing is so much fun to see come together. The powder coating job appears to be top notch and the color scheme is easy on the eyes. Really well done as always.
Thanks, bro.
Old 18th Nov 2009, 16:20   #94
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

Nov. 18th Quick Update

Another petite update here. I've been 'in season' at work as we do every year around the holidays like this, so my time has been lacking lately. I did have some time to work on a small update.

Let's get to it.

I had a little time to work on the handles a bit and finish them up. They were coated in flat black as well as the 'midnite clear' on top of it to give it pop. They came out great, I thought.

I went ahead and installed them on the top panel to get them out of the way and to preview how it all looks...

I also shot a stock wire grill with black and the clear as well. I'm probably going to put it in the bottom side of the top exhaust fan as a bit of 'insurance' for wiring, etc. Nothing sucks worse than getting your wires wrapped up in a fan! Actually, a finger or perhaps a penis would suck worse. Nevermind.

And finally I coated a couple hex-mesh fan inserts. MNPCTech sells these as well. Cheap and works perfect.

When I have some more time, I have some other cool stuff to reveal...

-------------
Thank you to:
-------------
Thanks for watchin'!

Last edited by E.E.L. Ambiense; 5th Mar 2017 at 21:47.
Old 18th Nov 2009, 16:26   #95
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
I love the tought that goes into small details like this, even the wire grill & mesh got the "touch" ..very nice!
Old 18th Nov 2009, 16:26   #96
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Pimp my case !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colors are awesome. Little sparkly flakes like my granddaughter's eye makeup.

The E.E.L. will be shopping at the cosmetics counter for new ideas.

"But, I have a note!"

john
Old 18th Nov 2009, 18:36   #97
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's looking FAB-U-louuuuus! <-extra hiss on the 'S'.

I've used some sparkle nail polish to glue LEDs in place. I found it during a rent house cleanup... Honest!

You are a good brother to build him this chick-magnet. Your brother will be dating a girl with neon pink hair soon.