bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 28th Nov 2009, 00:07   #121
skunkmunkey
Supermodder

skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.skunkmunkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
loving this mod, colour scheme is great and nice original idea

New years resolution - Finish my project
skunkmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2009, 00:15   #122
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.E.L. Ambiense View Post
Wow, quick reply John! Thanks. And thanks for the...whatever it is...on its way to me.

Thanks! ...I literally just started installing the guts, man. This isn't a finished project yet. Obviously you're not familiar with my previous projects!
Holiday got in the way of the Post Office.

I seem to remember a certain HDD rack that got no love because 'it's all closed up and nobody can see it'

I have proof that you can sleeve and do PSU wiring just fine. Now to find the space for it. Doesn't look like a lot of hidden corners and hidey spaces.
Old 28th Nov 2009, 07:20   #123
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking really good mate, I love all the colours .
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2009, 12:39   #124
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
It's coming along wonderfully bro lovin the grills
Old 28th Nov 2009, 14:17   #125
elGafas
Myopic

elGafas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Thanks! ...I literally just started installing the guts, man. This isn't a finished project yet. Obviously you're not familiar with my previous projects!
I think cable management needs an improvement, and get a hair cut!

ahahha, jk... love it!!!
Old 28th Nov 2009, 15:28   #126
Raiden
Portuguese reviewer

Raiden has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Wow, quick reply John! Thanks. And thanks for the...whatever it is...on its way to me.

Yes im not familiar with your previous projects because i just started folowing your company projects recently.. but you do have awesome skills as Bill owen as well.

Waiting forward to see the final look of it
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2009, 17:16   #127
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm starting to see why you chose the colors. You are getting lighting effects very similar to the show.
Old 29th Nov 2009, 04:06   #128
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Nov. 28th Update

Alrighty, here's another little infusion to the project log. Let's get to it so I can get home and relax a bit.

The subject that's in the spotlight tonight, kids, is the side panel acrylic. Again? Yes, again. Only this time it's for some more eye candy and keeping things in-tune with the theme.

Here's the side panel window's acrylic...

Now, I need to put the MST3K 'spaghetti ball' logo on it...

Good try, but it's just not going to cut the mustard. Let's think some more, here...

A-ha! Got an idea. Let's screenprint it on there!

After a few mins. spent creating some quick separations, I get my screens prepped and ready for exposure on my metal-halide exposure unit. I've heard of job-convergence, but this is ridiculous. It's now rolling over into my modding!

Actually, to be completely honest, this isn't the first time I've done this. I can recall two projects in the past 6 years or so where I did something like this. One of them was a Chieftec Dragon side panel that I printed an alien drone on it with a background of transparent UV blue. Came out cool for the time. More recently than that I did quick little subtle Gir-window mod for a chick (Invader Zim).

Anyways, back to the matter at hand. After a quick exposure, I get the screens blasted out and ready to go...

While those screens are drying, I made a quick trip down to Michael's Art Supply to have a look around. I don't really know what I was hoping to find, but I figured I'd know it when I find it.

I was looking for some fluorescent paint of some sort. UV paint. Neon. Phosphorescent, glow-in-the-dark, etc. Whatever euphemism you want to plug in for it. I needed something that wouldn't be too runny, yet thin enough to pass through silkscreens. So I came across these...

And at $1.19 each bottle, it's worth a gamble.

So I got the panel situated where I needed it and started registering my screens onto the panel where I want it to go.

After about two secs. or so (I've done it once or twice before...lol) I'm ready to rock-n-roll.

Dropped some vinyl ink into the screen for the black...

Flooding...

And done. Now I just need to wait a half-hour or so for the ink to cure, which will give me time to clean this devil of an ink-type out of my bloody screen. I HATE vinyl ink, lol. Give me plastisol any day!

Orange screen set up now...

Printed. Now, the yellow screen...

Set up. Now some "ink", or paint more accurately...

After a few passes of each, I'm confident it's good to go!

Now, let's check my work. I peeled off the other side of the protective film from the panel. Looks good. But then again, I knew it would be fine.

Now, let's check the capabilities of this cheapy paint! Some UV cold cathodes laying near it and flip the lights out...

Yay! Looks awesome. This is going to be cool!

So there ya go! The first screen-print work in a case mod project log. I just can't get away from my job, can I?

I should have some more when I get it done. Which is kind of obvious, isn't it?

-------------
Thank you to:
-------------
Thanks for watchin'!

LilyPC V.2BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!

Last edited by E.E.L. Ambiense; 6th Mar 2017 at 00:23.
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2009, 05:07   #129
Oreon_237
CHEA BRO!

Oreon_237 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

screen printing looks absolutely freaking-tastic!!!
Old 29th Nov 2009, 14:08   #130
Raiden
Portuguese reviewer

Raiden has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreon_237 View Post

Yeah our really a Master ELL ..

Great job u did in it !!!
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2009, 14:38   #131
Botn3vik
Mod it!

Botn3vik has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
NICE!
Old 29th Nov 2009, 16:20   #132
subset7
Spanking the Monkey

subset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for presidentsubset7 should be considered for president
The screen printed logo looks ace Jeremy
Old 29th Nov 2009, 16:45   #133
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkmunkey View Post
loving this mod, colour scheme is great and nice original idea
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
Holiday got in the way of the Post Office.

I seem to remember a certain HDD rack that got no love because 'it's all closed up and nobody can see it'

I have proof that you can sleeve and do PSU wiring just fine. Now to find the space for it. Doesn't look like a lot of hidden corners and hidey spaces.
Hee hee. Actually, I'd call the sleevejob on NOTalis a bit shoddy, but we really didn't have a lot of time or supplies to do it perfect. Wish we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Looking really good mate, I love all the colours .
Thanks, mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
It's coming along wonderfully bro lovin the grills
Thank you, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elGafas View Post
I think cable management needs an improvement, and get a hair cut!

ahahha, jk... love it!!!
Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Yes im not familiar with your previous projects because i just started folowing your company projects recently.. but you do have awesome skills as Bill owen as well.

Waiting forward to see the final look of it
No worries! Actually, it's Bill with the company; I'm just the mod-monkey! Thanks, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
I'm starting to see why you chose the colors. You are getting lighting effects very similar to the show.
I wanted to try for that but didn't know if it would work. I'm glad you noticed it! I always loved the later episodes that were 'darker' in lighting for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreon_237 View Post

Thanks, mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Yeah our really a Master ELL ..

Great job u did in it !!!
Thanks, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botn3vik View Post
NICE!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subset7 View Post
The screen printed logo looks ace Jeremy
Thanks, Mark. I appreciate it!
LilyPC V.2BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
Old 29th Nov 2009, 18:03   #134
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
That stufff is pretty dawg
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 22:24   #135
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

Dec. 3rd Quick Update

A small update. I've been neck-deep in work because we're swamped, but it was expected. I haven't been able to get much of anything done, but I did work on it bit.

Let's get to it.

First off, I began laying out the acrylic work to double-check on my measurements...

It's about where I suspected it'd be. A closeup of the "Movie Sign!" sign...

This is going to look great.

Now, although this wasn't 'sponsored' by Crucial, it was part of winnings some of us from a recent Cooler Master mod contest nabbed. Thanks goes to Crucial and (indirectly, CM) regardless though. Nice kit that shall have a nice home on this board. And it's the CL4 kit too. Thankfully it was a 4GB kit. They didn't tell us that. Glad it wasn't the Tracers too...

And....finally, announcing another kind sponsor in the form of a man. A legend, really. Eternal thanks goes to Jhanlon303 for donating his unused Asus 9600GT! He asked me repeatedly if my brother could use it, so I finally relented. He threatened me with a drive-by tomatoing so I gave in.

Such beautiful understated packaging. Not used to that with GPUs in my experience. But then again, I don't pay much to the box; just what's inside it.

Beautiful card. I like the cooler on it. Normally, that's the first to go, but I think I'll leave it. Unless it's too loud, of course.

And a black PCB always warms my heart!

-------------
Thank you to:
...and Jhanlon303 (with the Blessing of the Bit-Tech Overlords!)
-------------
Thanks for watchin'!

Last edited by E.E.L. Ambiense; 6th Mar 2017 at 00:33.
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 22:34   #136
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
I think you also need to thank bit-tech as thats where John nabbed it from
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 22:46   #137
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Heh, yeah. Nice update. I wish I could get 4 gigs of RAM free from someplace
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 22:58   #138
JCBeastie
Supermodder

JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Stunning!
JCBeastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 23:05   #139
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So it did get there intact. Sweet. Cool looking board, I never looked at it.
It is the one I won for MOTM last year from Bit-Tech. The powers that be said I could donate this.

Can you guys imagine a GPU that needs a 400W PSU on a mini-ITX (that's what I build) that draws 90W max with 2.5" HDD?

About as practical as breasts on a bulldozer.

This should be cool. I like the new acrylic pieces.

john

I'll have to get one of those sig banner thingys now.

/ninja edit:

I found out today where the name ASUS comes from. You guys know?

Last edited by jhanlon303; 3rd Dec 2009 at 23:13.
jhanlon303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 23:24   #140
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wikipedia says it came from 'Pegasus', with ASUS used specifically to give it good ranking in alphabetical listings
Pretty cool!

Tags
acrylic, case mod, epic hiatus, laser, mst3k, powder coat

View Mode