bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 13th Jun 2010, 21:11   #21
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
I thought The Hurt Locker was amazing until the part where Jeremy Renner's character takes off with his team into the night and one of the guys gets shot in the leg. That action just didn't seem to go with the Renner character's previous actions. Still easily a 9/10 though, wonderful movie.
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2010, 04:41   #22
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Unicorn: yeah we both still liked the Hurt Locker "one point more", and I guess that's what matters.

Also docodine: I've seen the Moon, liked it as well (8/10). Also seen Sunshine, which I didn't like as much (6/10).
Old 14th Jun 2010, 04:43   #23
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Sunshine was good until it got bad. I think that's a pretty good way to resume it.
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2010, 05:21   #24
Jipa

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
True that. Generally I don't like scifi too much anyway, Moon was good, Sunshine wasn't. That's about it for me.
Old 14th Jun 2010, 06:13   #25
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Bindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by docodine View Post
Title: Moon
9/10
Best Sci-fi movie of 2009 IMO, nobody saw it. If anyone has seen Sunshine, it's fairly similar though with less suspense. Really neat setup, Sam Rockwell is a great actor (though he wasn't as good in Choke or Iron Man 2..)
I saw it! I follow the director on Twitter too (of course, that makes us best buds and me celebrity etcetc). Also how was Moon less suspense than Sunshine (at the end)?

Also: Sam Rockwell was in Iron Man 2??
Old 14th Jun 2010, 07:32   #26
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Title: Kill Bill (Volume I and II)
Rating: 8.5/10
Reasons: Blood, delimbifacation and the Pussy Wagon

If you haven't seen it you should, it's a great fighting movie and has a pretty good plot
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2010, 09:59   #27
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys View Post
Sunshine was good until it got bad. I think that's a pretty good way to resume it.
*sob*

Sunshine is one of my favourite movies. Of ALL TIME. I'm a complete sucker for futuristic storylines and space flight though, so that probably has a lot to do with it. Honestly, for me it's a 9/10. Killian Murphy is awesome in it. You can't even tell he's Irish Not that there's anything wrong with being Irish, I'm just saying that he does a convincing American accent.

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 19:36   #28
Jipa

Pulp Fiction
10/10

I actually just started watching this again, but having seen it a couple of times it's still going to be 10/10. Easily my Tarantino favorite, and one of favorites all-round.

Want some cheese with that royale? So many classic lines.

EDIT: "Oh man I shot Marvin in the face" christ this just gets better.

Last edited by Jipa; 16th Jun 2010 at 23:07.
Jipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2010, 04:16   #29
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Bindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hot Tub Time Machine
8/10

Quite funny, easy watching, completely stupid doesn't take itself seriously at all. Great feel good movie (esp. for 80s music and fashion) with some decent acting by everyone bar John Cusack, who is 90% wet fish. You can see his gills.
Old 17th Jun 2010, 05:37   #30
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I wanted to watch it but the sound was shiet... I guess I'll have to rent it *sigh*
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2010, 07:31   #31
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Gremlins (1985, IIRC)
7/10
Awesome for the time, surprisignly violent, and furbies that turn evil. What's not to love about classics?

Iron Man
8.5/10
In preparation for the second one, I rewatched the first one. Still an awesome movie, and Gwynneth Paltrow with dear-eyes... Love every second of it. Now thye must just bring Iron man 2 on DVD/BR
Old 17th Jun 2010, 08:54   #32
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
I saw it! I follow the director on Twitter too (of course, that makes us best buds and me celebrity etcetc). Also how was Moon less suspense than Sunshine (at the end)?

Also: Sam Rockwell was in Iron Man 2??
Thinking about it again, Moon might have been more suspenseful but there wasn't really anything scary.. Finding the body in the rover, the true purpose of the thing he had to lay inside, the clone bank, etc. It was definitely better than Sunshine, but there was the whole Pinbacker thing.. There wasn't a clear antagonist in Moon.

Sam Rockwell played the Hammer guy in Iron Man 2, Robert Downey Jr's rival.

OK so I watched my first blaxploitation film...

Coffy (1973)

5/10
Nice message, nice music, but it's just ridiculous how in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT SCENE the tits are out. Like literally, someone gets angry, women's shirts are pulled off within seconds. Acting was horrible, but I guess it has kitschy charm..

Watching Wristcutters now, not my favorite..

Toy Story 3 on FRIDAY!

Last edited by docodine; 17th Jun 2010 at 09:01.
Old 17th Jun 2010, 11:40   #33
chimmy09
Hypermodder

chimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysis
The Departed
8/10
It was a pretty good movie, even if it was a bit predictable at times. The acting was all very good, especially Jack Nicholson and DiCaprio. I didn't care much for the girl in the movie, as her character was pretty uninteresting(I don't even remember the character's or the actress' name). Anyways like I said, overall good movie with an interesting story and (for the most part) interesting characters.
chimmy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2010, 20:05   #34
docodine
killed a guy once

Toy Story 3
9/10
Seemed more predictable than the previous (maybe It's just me being older..), but still one of the best Pixar movies ever. Great new characters, sad that some of the old ones are gone though.. I miss Bo Peep and RC. Messes with your emotions like a good Pixar movie should, though not as much as Up did. Ken/Barbie interaction was hilarious.
Old 19th Jun 2010, 22:03   #35
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by docodine View Post
Title: Moon
9/10
Best Sci-fi movie of 2009 IMO, nobody saw it. If anyone has seen Sunshine, it's fairly similar though with less suspense. Really neat setup, Sam Rockwell is a great actor (though he wasn't as good in Choke or Iron Man 2..)
I was actually a little disappointed by Moon when I saw it. I rented it on the back of Tom Francis' recommendation on his excellent blog but it just seemed to amble along without any real purpose until the last few mins.

I guess I can understand why people like it, its fairly compelling and you've gotta be a pretty good actor to hold peoples attention on your own for that long. It all just seemed a little inconsequential to me.

Last edited by Material; 19th Jun 2010 at 22:18.
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2010, 23:18   #36
Zabuza
Supermodder

Zabuza can run CrysisZabuza can run CrysisZabuza can run CrysisZabuza can run CrysisZabuza can run CrysisZabuza can run CrysisZabuza can run CrysisZabuza can run CrysisZabuza can run Crysis
Title: Pumping Iron

Rating: 6.5/10

(Brief) Reasons: For a documentary on bodybuilding, I expected a lot more in depth stuff on the subject, instead all I found was some vague training clips and competition posing. There were a few gems in there when the BB-ers spoke about their motivation, especially Arnie, but it didn't go into as much depth as I'd like.
Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2010, 00:39   #37
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
*sob*

Sunshine is one of my favourite movies. Of ALL TIME. I'm a complete sucker for futuristic storylines and space flight though, so that probably has a lot to do with it. Honestly, for me it's a 9/10. Killian Murphy is awesome in it. You can't even tell he's Irish Not that there's anything wrong with being Irish, I'm just saying that he does a convincing American accent.
I hated Sunshine because of its flimsy science-less pretext. Could they not think of a better reason for two big spacecraft to go on a crucial mission into the inner solar system? After that it just made me a sad panda.

Stunning visuals and great acting don't make up for a ruined plot for me.
Old 20th Jun 2010, 04:47   #38
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
I hated Sunshine because of its flimsy science-less pretext. Could they not think of a better reason for two big spacecraft to go on a crucial mission into the inner solar system? After that it just made me a sad panda.

Stunning visuals and great acting don't make up for a ruined plot for me.
Yes, shitty science, but I have it in DTS-ES and it's atmosphere is spine tingling phenomenal.

I started watching the Russian movie STALKER from 1979 only seen 45 mins so far, will comment later.
Old 20th Jun 2010, 13:18   #39
Aterius Gmork
smell the ashes

Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.
Sunshine was ok until it started to be a ripoff of Event Horizon. Then everything went downhill.

Title: Event Horizon

Rating: 8.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
In the year 2047, a signal from the starship Event Horizon is received on Earth. The ship disappeared beyond Neptune in 2040. The ship has reappeared in a decaying orbit around Neptune, and the rescue ship Lewis and Clark is dispatched. The ship is commanded by Captain Miller and carries crew members, Executive Officer Starck, the ship's pilot Smith, Peters, Engineer Justin, Rescue Tech Cooper, D.J., and the Event Horizon's designer, Doctor William Weir.

When the Lewis and Clark arrives, Dr. Weir briefs the crew that the Event Horizon was built to test an experimental gravity drive. In layman's terms, the drive would create an artificial black hole, and would use that power to bridge two points in spacetime to reduce journey time. The ship was on its initial test flight when it vanished. Weir plays the only signal received since the ship's reappearance, spoken by the ship's captain: a series of Latin phrases embedded under screams and shouts.
A horror movie at its finest. The main plot is a bit predictable, but it still scared the **** out of me when I watched it for the first time. Actually everytime I watch it. Basically it's everything Sunshine could have been.
Aterius Gmork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2010, 13:23   #40
jono51
Minimodder

jono51 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Say Angels and Demons the other. Film was alright but it was very plot heavy, I get the feelingt Id have to watch it several times to fully understand it, but I got the general gist. Pretty good acting etc although very conspiracy theory heavy as you might guess from a dan brown adaptation. 8/10.
jono51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
films, pasteurized 4 life, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode