bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 10th Aug 2010, 10:37   #161
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
Hugo Weaving as the Sherriff ordering a "Pint of bitter, please" in the "Mr. Andreson" tone was legendary...
I'm going to have to watch that now just for that bit

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2010, 11:19   #162
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
It was an absolute highlight of the film for me.
The rest of the film is actualyl good (considering it's a remake of a werewolf movie - how good can werewolf movies be?)
Old 10th Aug 2010, 11:40   #163
ThirtyQuidKid
Supermodder

ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
Splice
7/10
Fairly decent scifi creature feature that goes UTTERLY MENTAL in the last 10 or so minutes. Worth watching!
I saw this the other day and would say it is a 5.5/10. The basis of the film was sound but I think it went in the wrong direction. The acting was average and the scripting was the same. There were a few good concepts they could have built on a little better but failed. This is a film that is worth a watch but only once. You won't go back for a second viewing.....
ThirtyQuidKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2010, 14:49   #164
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
The Sentinel - 3/10 - Forgettable flick about an assassination attempt on the US president. Michael Douglas is the oh-so-predictable framed guy, with Keifer Sutherland playing the jilted friend of 10 years sent to track him down.

Doesn't bring anything new to an already (imo) fully-explored story idea, not really worth a watch.
Old 19th Aug 2010, 15:15   #165
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
The A-Team - 8/10 before the final scene at LA Docks, 4/10 after that scene.

I loved the A-Team as a kid and i think for most of the film they did the best job you possibly could of turning a cheesy eighties tv show into a movie franchise. 50% of the casting was good but Liam Neeson as Hanibal did not quite sit right with me. Rampage Jackson did better than i expected as BA. Yeah he was a bit wooden but BA is one of the most iconic characters of the 80's so its a hard role to fill and its not like Mr T was a good actor. Overall though good mindless movie fun which is utterly ruined by the 'big finale' at the end. It was ill conceived and the CGI is awful. It was either rushed or they ran out of money.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 10:40   #166
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Bindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Prince of Persia

5 or 6/10. Mildly entertaining in a cinematic sense but I wasn't expecting to have my emotions overwhelmed in the first place.

You know what, I had NO IDEA that Persians spoke with a British accent. I should clearly visit Turkey to meet my kin. That pissed me off big-time. Find some ****ing local actors not just pretty faces with wall to wall white teeth.
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 10:50   #167
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Centurion 7/10

after falling off the horse and hitting his face with Doomsday its nice to see Neil Marshall getting it right again, ok so its not as good as the descent and dog soldiers but it deffo worth a watch. only downside was there wasnt enough of the "king leonidas" style captain.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 11:37   #168
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
Leon. 5/10
Yeah, Luc Besson Jean Reno as Leon is cool and I get that, fine. But I just got creeped out by the movie. Using Natalie Portman in her role smacked of exploitation, and while Gary Oldman is fantastic in it, it wasn't particularly realistic - I mean, he acts like a crazy man even when he is at the DEA - who would continue to hire him!?

So yeah. Just slightly creepy, slightly unrealistic, and slightly meh.

Last edited by Fod; 25th Aug 2010 at 09:09. Reason: brain fail - i knew that...
Fod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 11:57   #169
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Jean Reno was Leon - Luc Besson was the director.

It's been ages since I last watched this film - not since it first came out, I think - might be time to dig it out again...

Anyway, 2 recent films:

An Education 8/10
Interesting true story, with a slightly creepy undertone: older man gives 16-yr old girl a lift, they have an affair until she finds out the truth about him. Even though it's set in the 1960s and it's a real story, the whole premise is slightly curious to modern eyes - especially the way that the girl's parents (Alfred Molina is excellent as the father) push her towards the man and away from an Oxford education. A good watch, if only to see how attitudes have changed in the last 40 years.

Lovely Bones - 7/10
Wasn't sure what to expect of this - I've read the book, and wasn't sure how Hollywood would treat it. Thankfully, Peter Jackson resisted giving the story a happy ending. Despite the fact that the story focusses on Susie Salmon, it isn't really about her, it's about how families cope with tragedy and move on. Some people have said they found it depressing, but I actually found it quite uplifting. Maybe that's just me
Old 29th Aug 2010, 04:24   #170
Zinfandel
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Zinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Repo Men - 3/10

Possibly one of the most annoying films I've ever seen for two reasons.

One

First of all, yeah some of the people they collect from put up a bit of a fight but these guys are coming to end your life... You'd fight a lot bloody harder than most of the people did. Apparently lots of them start crying, well if you knew they'd come to take your heart after 90 days YOU WOULDN'T BE IN YOUR HOUSE WOULD YOU!

Two

For me pretty much makes the whole film pointless. It's a stupid point but the guy is almost killed by a piece of company equipment whilst at work. The injury caused by the piece of company equipment causes him to need an artificial heart. Don't they have insurance or lawyers in the future because I'm pretty sure if you get nearly killed to the point of needing an artificial heart by a faulty piece of equipment from work, you're covered. Even in the future.

So much disappointment from a quality cast (Law, Whitaker and Schrieber).

In other news, I've watched the four X-Men movies lately, I watched Origins: Wolverine first and then the other three in order which was an interesting way to watch.

Point 1: OH DEAR LORD I LOVE ANNA PAQUIN.
Point 2: I love the films but the X-Men are pretty rubbish except from Wolverine, who is 50 kinds of awesome.
Zinfandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2010, 04:58   #171
Xonar
Hypermodder

Xonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Moon - 3/10

Didn't really feel it despite a few people telling me it was amazing. Story didn't really land with me and I didn't feel like it pieced together particularly well either. Couldn't say I'd recommend it

Expendables - 2/10

Hopeless, the story they tried to put in place was terrible I thought, and the dialogue between the characters just seemed completely pointless, some of the knife bits were cool but other than that, complete flop.
Xonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2010, 05:06   #172
Zinfandel
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Zinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonar View Post
Moon - 3/10

Didn't really feel it despite a few people telling me it was amazing. Story didn't really land with me and I didn't feel like it pieced together particularly well either. Couldn't say I'd recommend it
Yeah I had high expectations given the reviews/talk but I really didn't enjoy it.
Zinfandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2010, 00:24   #173
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The American.

Pretty freaking awesome.
Old 2nd Sep 2010, 20:03   #174
mctigger
Hypermodder

mctigger has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmctigger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Naked Gun

An old classic comedy from the files of police squad... (like what I did there?) has me laughing every time!

It's on sky anytime just now if anyone fancies it!
Old 6th Sep 2010, 21:27   #175
Apocalypso
Fully armed and operational.

Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
A Serbian Film

According to the director "This is a diary of our own molestation by the Serbian government," says Srdjan Spasojevic. "It's about the monolithic power of leaders who hypnotise you to do things you don't want to do. You have to feel the violence to know what it's about."

If you think a a scene where a man getting killed by a dick in the eye is for you then fill your boots, however this is the "lightest" moment in the film and you're have to suffer through some child rape scenes to get there.

There's no getting away from the fact it's pretty sick, but it's tinged with a desperation that makes the sickness seem somehow pathetic.

But it's well shot, lit, edited and the acting is not half bad.

Personally I'll just say, thanks but no thanks, I've seen it and it's certainly memorable but I shan't watch it again and I shan't be recommending it to anyone.

Last edited by Apocalypso; 6th Sep 2010 at 21:37.
Apocalypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 18:02   #176
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Sunshine Cleaning - 6/10

Wasn't expecting this to be very good, but I was pleasantly surprised by a decent, enjoyable film. Something a little different as you might expect from an indie film. Think of it in the same style as Juno, and well worth a watch imo.

The Deer Hunter - 7/10

The classic Vietnam film that I'd never seen, not the greatest movie ever but pretty damn good nonetheless. Not one to watch if you're feeling a bit glum. Plenty of iconic scenes, Robert DeNiro and Christopher Walken, what more do you want?!
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 20:58   #177
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Death at a Funeral - 6/10
Bit of a weird one for Chris Rock and I half expected all the funny parts to come from him but it wasn't the case even Danny Glover was funnier than him. James Marsden ( Who played in X-Men) was the funniest of them all as well as Tracy Morgan who acted with Bruce Willis in cop out.

There was times during this movie where I had tears running down my eyes in laughter. I would recommend this movie for those of you who needs a damn good laugh.
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VII ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[EVGA GTX980]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech G502,Belkin razer N52TE,
HyperX Cloud II]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 21:04   #178
Krikkit
Super Moderator

That sounds quite interesting Kovoet, I passed that up because it's a remake but it sounds like it might be quite watchable.

Another one I saw this week:

Salt - 6/10

Generic action film made better by Angelina Jolie not having to get her rack on screen every five minutes and doing some half-decent acting/action scenes. Pretty enjoyable, if predictable spy stuff. Definitely worth a watch for some of the slick action.
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 21:06   #179
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
That sounds quite interesting Kovoet, I passed that up because it's a remake but it sounds like it might be quite watchable.

Another one I saw this week:

Salt - 6/10

Generic action film made better by Angelina Jolie not having to get her rack on screen every five minutes and doing some half-decent acting/action scenes. Pretty enjoyable, if predictable spy stuff. Definitely worth a watch for some of the slick action.
Got to say I enjoyed this as well, she was damn good in Bone Collector as well with Denzil Washington. I enjoyed Salt one of the few movies that I could watch again
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VII ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[EVGA GTX980]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech G502,Belkin razer N52TE,
HyperX Cloud II]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2010, 23:07   #180
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D - Milla Jovovich in skintight clothes running around killing things. What's not to like?

Tags
films, pasteurized 4 life, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode