bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 19th Nov 2010, 13:45   #21
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oi. That's the Khaleesi you're ogling. Show some respect.

Of course, IIRC, she's only 14 in the books. I'm guessing some of the kids will be made that much older due to the hanky panky the ones in question get up to For example - Dany and Drogo's wedding night. Whilst HBO doesn't shy away from fairly graphic scenes of rumpy pumpy, I can't see them signing up for showing it with minors.

I'm pretty sure the broadcasting authorities would have a dim view of it as well.
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2010, 13:56   #22
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.
I am ogling respectfully

Click me for a signup bonus on TopCashBack. Got any car or home insurance coming up soon? I got £65 cashback on the two last year
Zoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2010, 15:33   #23
okenobi
Ultramodder

okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.okenobi is definitely a rep cheat.
Never heard of it. But if it's HBO it's good. There are rules about such things.

Oh and read this on wiki

“The Sopranos in Middle-earth”

That's my kind of concept.
okenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2010, 22:13   #24
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming Saiyan
HBO. Please. Stop. Teasing us.

Nah... only kidding. Gives us more

Wahey!
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
Old 6th Dec 2010, 18:15   #25
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

So, April. Narrowing down on the air date.
- Carl Sagan

Old 6th Dec 2010, 19:23   #26
fathazza
Freed on Probation

fathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
cant wait!

tho not sure jamie and cersei are blonde enough

I may be fat but at least I am not Ginger
"The President is no longer a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy" - Boris Johnson
fathazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2011, 14:21   #27
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

More pics here:

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...l?commenting=1

Winter is Coming had a 15min sneak peak, and has details about it here. Needless to say, they where impressed by what they got to see:

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/01/...in-sneak-peek/

Air date announced as April 17th stateside. I'm hopping we'll get it around the same time on the new Sky Atlantic channel

http://tv.sky.com/skyatlantic?DCMP=S...nticTeaserJan7
- Carl Sagan

Old 19th Jan 2011, 22:04   #28
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

I'm liking the Iron Throne!
- Carl Sagan

Old 19th Jan 2011, 22:13   #29
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
anyone know what channel its being broadcast on in the UK?

edit: damn sky atlantic... dont get that on virgin media shall have to wait till dvd or source it from other means etc
Old 21st Jan 2011, 21:04   #30
Stotherd-001
Supermodder

Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This was shot 15 miles from belfast, a few of my friends are extras...

She must've been might cold...
Stotherd-001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 11:06   #31
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

OFFICIAL:

Game of Thrones starts on Sky Atlantic 1 day after it's US air date (So, 18th April).

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/02/22/game...e-is-18-april/

Huzzah!
- Carl Sagan

Old 24th Mar 2011, 09:10   #32
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

Piccies to whet your appetite:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/03/24/game...es-new-images/

Digging the one of King's Landing & The Wall. Not so sure about Winterfell... I envisioned it being a bit more of a sprawl.

On the whole though - looks great.
- Carl Sagan

Old 24th Mar 2011, 21:46   #33
fathazza
Freed on Probation

fathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow, kings landing looks awesome in that first pic..

I may be fat but at least I am not Ginger
"The President is no longer a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy" - Boris Johnson
fathazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 18:48   #34
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

- Carl Sagan

Old 6th Apr 2011, 04:42   #35
thefriscokid
why s**t so crazy?

thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.
Shame I got rid of Sky last month anyways here is the full preview from the HBO site and a Wired article about it.
i5 2500K | 8 GB Corsair Vengence | MSI GTX560TI | Asus P8P67 Pro B3 | Crucial M4 64 GB SSD | 2x Samsung F3 1TB | Antec TP 750W | Lian Li A05 | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX | Filco Ninja TKL | Razer DeathAdder | Dell U2410M | Senn PC360
battlelog: thefriscokid - bf3s - xbox live: JAS82
thefriscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2011, 08:07   #36
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

The preview on the HBO site is the same as the two YouTube vids, BTW. The GeekDad article is spot on the money though.

And in related news - A Dance of Dragons is finally being published!

Quote:
March 3, 2011 No. Sorry. Not done yet. I'm close, though. Watch this space. When the book is done, you will read it here.

Meanwhile... there is news. Big news. The end is in sight, at long long last, and we're close enough so that my editors and publishers at Bantam Spectra have set an actual publication date. A DANCE WITH DRAGONS will be in your favorite bookstore on

TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2011

Yes, I know. You've all seen publication dates before: dates in 2007, 2008, 2009. None of those were ever hard dates, however. Most of them... well, call it wishful thinking, boundless optimism, cockeyed dreams, honest mistakes, whatever you like. This date is different. This date is real. Barring tsunamis, general strikes, world wars, or asteroid strikes, you will have the novel in your hands on July 12. I hope you like it. (For what it's worth, the book's a monster. Think A STORM OF SWORDS.)

The dragons are coming. Prepare to dance.

And hey... thanks for waiting.
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/news.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dance-Dragon...mm_hrd_title_0

http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Dragons-...=ase_georrmar/

- Carl Sagan

Old 6th Apr 2011, 08:35   #37
b0ng0
Reddomitlum

b0ng0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelb0ng0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelb0ng0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Apache 2 Test Page