bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 24th May 2011, 23:49   #81
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
The crowning is a pretty pivotal scene in the books, and I've been wondering how they'd do it on the show...As it turns out, pretty damn well, just like everything else.

Arrrgh! Why did they have to make Syrio such a brilliant character? I love the scenes between him and Arya. If you've read the books, you'll know why I'm miffed

Also - the girl playing Osha (the wildling girl that attacks Bran in the forest) - she looks familiar. Is it the same woman who played Tonks in the Potter movies?
Its not the same actress, not sure who the girl that plays Osha is, next epiosde looks promising.
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 08:00   #82
Pookeyhead
It's big, and it's clever.

Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
Just realised something... just been catching up on missed episodes...

I don't recall Renly Baratheon being gay in the books. Why have they done that?
MAIN RIG |Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHz ¦¦ H105 ¦¦ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ¦¦ 16Gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 ¦¦ 512GB Samsung 830 SSD ¦¦ 4TB of HDD Storage ¦¦ EVGA GTX980 Super-Clocked¦¦ Corsair 650D ¦¦ Eizo ColorEdge CG303W & Dell 2007FP ¦¦
EARTH| Celeron E3200 ¦¦ Gigabyte G31M-ES2L ¦¦ LSI SAS9260-8i ¦¦ 3TB RAID5 ¦¦ Headless - VNC administered
MOON | Thecus N3200pro 3TB RAID5
Pookeyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 08:17   #83
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's intimated that Renly and Loras are lovers, but not explicitly. It's one of the reasons why Loras wants to kill Brienne after Renly's assassination, as he wrongly believes she was his killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxo
Its not the same actress, not sure who the girl that plays Osha is
Yes it is - Osha is played by Natalia Tena:

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/i...sha/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalia_Tena
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre

Last edited by GreatOldOne; 25th May 2011 at 08:27.
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 10:31   #84
b0ng0
Reddomitlum

b0ng0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelb0ng0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelb0ng0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeyhead View Post
Just realised something... just been catching up on missed episodes...

I don't recall Renly Baratheon being gay in the books. Why have they done that?
I too was highly confused by this, I was wondering if I'd missed a chapter in the book. So far, really liking it having just started reading the second book.

I find myself getting more excited for it as the show heads to that pivotal moment in the first book (why do I keep writing SOILER every time?!).
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 4.00GHz MoBo: Gigabyte P67A-UD3 Intel P67 Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz GPU: 3GB MSI TwinFrozr GTX 980 HDD: Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB, 1TB Spinpoint T3 PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Case: Fractal Design Define R3 Monitor: 22" Viewsonic OS: Windows 7 64 Home Premium
b0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 16:59   #85
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
It's intimated that Renly and Loras are lovers, but not explicitly. It's one of the reasons why Loras wants to kill Brienne after Renly's assassination, as he wrongly believes she was his killer

Yes it is - Osha is played by Natalia Tena:

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/i...sha/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalia_Tena
Ah, well will be interesting to see what happens in next weeks episdoe- Monday needs to hurry up
Old 6th Jun 2011, 12:33   #86
neonplanet40
Supermodder

neonplanet40 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This weeks episode was epic
Old 6th Jun 2011, 16:02   #87
ccxo
On top of a hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonplanet40 View Post
This weeks episode was epic
Waiting till tonight when its on, though last weeks epiosde was really good, things are definetly moving, tonight should be great hopefully.
Old 6th Jun 2011, 17:10   #88
BenK
Multimodder

BenK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That was truly a brilliant episode. Had a couple of great parts from the book which transferred perfectly to the screen. So good I watched it twice
BenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 08:28   #89
b0ng0
Reddomitlum

b0ng0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelb0ng0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelb0ng0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Does anyone know, will this series just cover the entire first book?
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 4.00GHz MoBo: Gigabyte P67A-UD3 Intel P67 Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz GPU: 3GB MSI TwinFrozr GTX 980 HDD: Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB, 1TB Spinpoint T3 PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Case: Fractal Design Define R3 Monitor: 22" Viewsonic OS: Windows 7 64 Home Premium
Old 7th Jun 2011, 09:28   #90
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
It was good but not what I would call epic. I was waiting for the big battle.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 15:58   #91
ccxo
On top of a hill

I missed yesterdays epiode, so will have to wait till tomorrow to watch it on sky atlantic.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 16:08   #92
Steelez
Supermodder

Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Steelez is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng0 View Post
Does anyone know, will this series just cover the entire first book?
Yes it will, just 2 episodes left if you've watched them up to date so far (8 shown out of 10).

I think it's been great so far, I haven't read the books but I will be in between this season and the next.
Steelez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 16:25   #93
neonplanet40
Supermodder

Im loving it, this weeks episode was definetely the best.

Im afraid to read the books in case the show then doesnt compare to the books as is usually the case.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 21:25   #94
SuperWarehouse
What's a Dremel?

SuperWarehouse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This show is SPECTACULAR! Very impressed with what HBO has done with it, though I don't want to read the books now because I feel like I'd be "spoiling" it... Rather wait for more seasons and watch the story unfold that way.

For the record, the Lannister dwarf is by far my favorite character.
SuperWarehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2011, 07:57   #95
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oh no, read the books. The TV series is as close to the books as you can possibly get. In many places, they even use the speech from the book word for word. There's a few minor changes (such as the ages of the children), but the changes haven't been made just for the sake of it.
Old 9th Jun 2011, 06:13   #96
Scirocco
Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I finished reading through Feast for Crows. Going to preorder the volume coming out in July, A Dance With Dragons. Great series of books and tv series.
Old 9th Jun 2011, 08:03   #97
b0ng0
Reddomitlum

Quote:
Im loving it, this weeks episode was definetely the best.

Im afraid to read the books in case the show then doesnt compare to the books as is usually the case.
Definitely worth reading the books. There's a lot of "in the character's head" stuff that you just can't convey in a TV series. There's also a lot more background and history to all the houses in the books.

I would say reading the book and watching the series has only enhanced the story, it's great to see The Wall on such a grand scale.
Old 12th Jun 2011, 11:48   #98
neonplanet40
Supermodder

Anyone any idea how long it will be before season 2 is realeased?
Old 12th Jun 2011, 20:59   #99
ccxo
On top of a hill

Quote:
Anyone any idea how long it will be before season 2 is realeased?
Theres a article online from HBO which says that the second season will be on air the same time as the first one started.
Old 13th Jun 2011, 10:54   #100
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wait. What? They're going to go back in time and show the two together? How is that going to work - Ned & Robert will be in a quantum dead/not dead state...and surely it will get confusing trying to watch two episodes at once. Or will it be like Contact where the phases of each episode will be at 90 degrees to each other.

Oh, wait. I see what you mean now.

Tags
say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode